A RoC Trojan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adamjosiah

So I recently installed my legit copy of RoC on one of my computers, and came across a very strange error. It installed fine, but when I tried to push "Play Warcraft 3" it hit me with a "please insert disk" prompt (when the disk is clearly in there) and then AVG popped up and informed me it has detected a Trojan. I am able to move it to vault or heal it, but whenever I try to play the game I get the same prompts. The Trojan has not been detected any other time, and my computer does not seem affected in any other way.

What kind of file could RoC being trying to use that AVG would interpret as a Trojan? And why is telling me the disc isn't in there when it is? Anyone have any ideas?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
One answer:

Your CD is a pirated one... Open the CD, and you'll see a "crack" folder inside ^^

A

adamjosiah

Lol, if it was a pirated one, I would accept my fate... beggers can't be choosers. Strangely enough though, this is a completely legit copy. As in bought at a store, artwork printed on CD, registered with Blizzard, etc. Any other thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.