A string and an ability

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Hey there,
I've recently started working with my own rpg map, and atm I'm facing some difficulties due to the fact that I've rarely used ME for anything else than unit creation. Anyways, these are my questions:

- I've created a reviving system for heroes, and I want it to show to all players upon death the message "<Hero name> has died, please wait 10 seconds for her to be fully restored."

My idea was to make a variable and store the triggering unit, and then use "string + string" to create the text. The problem is, I can't find a variable that suits this. String variables can't be set to Set DyingHero = (Triggering Unit) from what I know, but are the only ones that works with "string + string". Therefor, I tried using a unit variable, but it was the opposite and didn't work either.
- Solved

- I'm making a hero spell called "Inner Spirit". Upon casting, the hero summons two adds. These adds do damage and heal friendly targets within 500 units for the same amount.

I'm completely stuck here, so any input would be nice. I could copy the script, but someone needs to tell me how first :)

Thanks on behalf, /Happy (not so atm)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Set String = Name of (Triggering Unit).

There's a 'name of unit' action/function. :)

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Proper name of (Triggering Unit)) + has died, please wait 10 seconds for her to be fully restored.)

That one worked perfectly :)
Thanks anyways mate, glad somebody replied atleast ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.