A wall.

Z

Zulli85

Hello again, I'm back for more help :shades: I am a co-editor of the map Showdown Frenzy, maybe you have heard of it, maybe not. Anyway, there is a serious problem as heroes can cast their spells over a wall into an enemies base. The same goes for ranged units, they can attack enemies over a wall. Is there a fix for this? I use WE Unlimited. This is very important to me, any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks.

Z

Zulli85

That would mean removing fog of war on enemy bases, which is a bad thing.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Pathing Blockers

Z

Zulli85

Will pathing blockers prevent spells from being cast over the walls too?

A

Away_Rinpun

It's impossible to stop spell casting over a wall except by....

1) Putting up sight-block doodads over the wall. If the wall is mediocrely thick, they should be convinced to not cast through the wall if they can't see past it, even if there's a revealed spot ahead of them. But...maybe not. I'm not sure about this.

2) If the skills are ALL custom and done with triggers, you can detect if the spell is being cast over a cliff with a few lines of JASS here and there to cancel the ability.

Z

Zulli85

I believe that the wall is 2 spaces wide with dusk shroud over it. The game uses every hero, plus custom ones. So 95% of the spells are not made with JASS. I'll have to try those sight-blockers though, thanks for the help.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Set Art - Occlusion Height to anything higher than 400. This way when the wall is destroyed the people can see inside. But then again, the base people can't see outside...

Z

Zulli85

The wall(s) cannot be destroyed. They basically seperate each teams base from the middle of the map. There is a team of 3 on the top, bottom, left and right sides of the map. I also tried the pathing/sight blockers with no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Zulli85 said:
The wall(s) cannot be destroyed. They basically seperate each teams base from the middle of the map. There is a team of 3 on the top, bottom, left and right sides of the map. I also tried the pathing/sight blockers with no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you try Occlusion Height?

Z

Zulli85

I'm trying to find an option for Occlusion Height, without any luck. Can you tell me where it is located?

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Yea, that's because most Doodads don't have an occluder height. I believe Destructibles do, though, i.e. Trees.

So make a custom Destructible based on a tree or whatever and change the model to a wall and the occluder height to whatever you want.

The Hegemuffin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.