A Wc3 helper chat?

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Heydiho! Don't know if this the correct forum part, if it isn't, please move/remove it. The rules seemed kind off vague.

Very well, what I was thinking of was a chat for people here at thehelper, and not the least for us newbies. It would be great to have a chat where we could quickly ask each other questions, and so learn more about it without starting a new thread each time. I mean, I've started 30 threads, which of 28 or something has been questions. Some questions are so simple, and often seen here, that it might be a good idea to have a chat.

Very well. What I was wondering is:
1. Is there already a chat that I've just not seen? An IRC channel, hamachi network, or anything like that.
2. If there isn't one, is it a good idea to start one? I'm probably gonna start a hamachi network then (since it's so simple and free), but in that case, I'll ask for permission from a mod to publish it here (so it isn't considered spam/off-topic/advertisement or whatever)?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't use it unless you have over 25 or so rep. I am not sure what it is actually but it is not a very open chat as a very small percentage of our members get over 25 rep. If you get the amount of rep you need to go there you are set but don't expect to see me there as I am banned by Acehart - LOL! Tacos umm good.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
You can't use it unless you have over 25 or so rep. I am not sure what it is actually but it is not a very open chat as a very small percentage of our members get over 25 rep. If you get the amount of rep you need to go there you are set but don't expect to see me there as I am banned by Acehart - LOL! Tacos umm good.

whah, I'm not even banned yet XD

Reaction score
>True, but I must say I spamed alot in it.
I agree. "It" even wanted a spam contest :D

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Well, seeing as the chat is dead, I'm starting up a Hamachi network that anyone may join.

I wonder these things though:
Is it okay for me to write out the name of the network or is it seen as advertising?
Is it okay to suggest people I am in contact with in the forum to join it via PM or is that seen as advertising?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
What?? The Helper is banned by Acehart? Impossible...I hoped.

Name of network, okay. Seen as advertising? I don't know.

Via PM, it's safer.

Question: Why is there a non-entering server called "#beentoodamnlong"? It's not even +ntrM.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
What?? The Helper is banned by Acehart? Impossible...I hoped.

Name of network, okay. Seen as advertising? I don't know.

Via PM, it's safer.

Question: Why is there a non-entering server called "#beentoodamnlong"? It's not even +ntrM.

Thats the chat for another website we host. They can barely figure out how to log into the forum there so all except one is guy is completely clueless on the chat.

We don't host many websites but the ones we do host we can do vbulletin and phpbb with integrated IRC chats, spoiler and enhanced media tags for both - plus the latest versions of all software. Not all the sites use everything but it is available.

That is what you are seeing there. An available chat they don't know enough about the internet to use.

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wait so let me get this straight. Is Northbrook HS the HS you went to? (excuse me if that's too personal...)

Well I would think if my graduating class were to have a website, I don't think they would even know how to register, let alone use a java chat.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that was my graduating high schoool. I am not as young as you guys, I am 39, so the people from my class and the years before are highly computer challenged. I hate to say it, but they even trouble logging into their forum :eek:

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
That was known as the "Assembly Age". (Loved that 8-bit technology)

Anyway, a question: You can host an IRC chat here? Does it need another server to host?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
We host our own chat server at irc.thehelper.net - that is how we provide the chats and that is on our server.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.