Ability Help

Chirri

Reaction score
HELP! I want to make a spell.. something like a firebolt or storm bolt. I need the spell to deal x3 of hero intel instead of 100 or 200 damage. How can I do it?:confused:
I`m trying to do this for an hour:banghead:! HELP!

OMG... I can`t believe my eyes!... found it!
Now...How can I delete this post?:D

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you need to trigger the damage

something like this
Trigger:
  • Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
However, this will actually deal damage to target even though the bolt actually doesn't hit the enemy unit. Imagine the enemy unit goes invisible while the bolt is flying to the target. It won't hit it, but it will still damage.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
this will also damage the unit even before the bolt hits the target. i recoment you add in a wait for condition action. In this case, create a custom buff for your ability and in the wait for condition, wait for unit has (yourcustombuff) = true then deal the damage.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
this will also damage the unit even before the bolt hits the target. i recoment you add in a wait for condition action. In this case, create a custom buff for your ability and in the wait for condition, wait for unit has (yourcustombuff) = true then deal the damage.

how would this work? if your unit has a buff?

NetherHawk

Reaction score
there is a wait for condition function in GUI, one of the first few actions. what it does is check if the unit has the buff, if not wait for 0.x seconds, check again. when the check is positive, then it will continue with your other actions, in this case damage the target. makes the spell more realistic? damage when the projectile impacts rather than damage on cast.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Or base the spell with the stun. Then use a damage detection trigger and check for the stun buff. Then remove the buff and order another dummy unit to use a stun. Then you can deal the damage. This way, the damage will be dealt when the projectile lands.

Chirri

Reaction score
xD

Yeah... I noticed that the missile is still following the target and the target is already damaged... I used a greater missile speed (about 2000) to syncronise them:). And a bug.. If you kill the target with the trigger damage just when you casted the spell, it will give you the mana back and will reset the cooldown

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Use 'Unit Starts effect of an ability' instead of 'Unit begins casting an ability' to fix that problem

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.