Ability Order-ID problem

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Hi guys!
My problem is as follows:
I have a tower that is a hero (tower model, no movespeed), that is supposed to have all twelve spaces filled with abilities that effect the rest of the map even though the tower itself obviously never moves.
I'm triggering most of the abilities, so I have to make many dummy abilities. So far I've only had time to make two, and I've based both of them on trolls' Berzerk, since the tower will have mny "instant effect" abilities like berzerk is.
And that's where I get a problem I'm not sure how to solve. When I click on an "instant" ability based of Berzerk it casts another spell based of Berzerk, and not the one I clicked on. I'm guessing it's got to do with ability order id, hence the thread title.
But I'm not very good with this, so I thought it safest to ask.

So this is where the question comes:
-How do I get to have many diffrent "instant effect" abilities on the same unit? (since I can't base all the dummy abilities on berzerk)

I'll of course give +rep to all serious helpers :)
Thanks in advance.

Jagan

Reaction score
Base them off Channel and change their order string IDs. Or you could try using different instant abilities such as war stomp and thunder clap.

Advena

Reaction score
Base them off Channel you say? That's sounds good.
Only, I've never got around to learning how it works.

Say I do try using channel, what would I set the order id to? And what order should I trigger the dummy to cast?

edit: btw, thanks mate. +rep :thup:

edit again: where do I find the original Channel aility, so I can copy&edit it?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
When putting 2 spells based from the spell on a unit, it could get quite confusing and there's the problem you have ...

Jagan

Reaction score
The Channel ability does nothing by itself. You'll have to trigger most of it. Say for example you want all units around you in a 350 AoE to be crippled, you pick all units matching your conditions before creating dummy units for each of them. Add your custom cripple ability to them, set its level accordingly and then finally have them cast cripple on the Picked Units. For that, the order would be 'Undead Necromancer - Cripple (I think)' Picked Unit.

EDIT: If you have difficulty finding a particular thing in the World Editor, hold Control + F to open the search function.

Advena

Reaction score
Omg, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't know of that search function. Handy little tool :)
I know how to trigger spells generally, just wasn't sure how channel worked.

I'll try around and hopefully I can make it work as intended.
Thanks guys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.