Ability: Wall of Tree

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
Title says it all. Where to start? I'd like something relatively easy to make if possible. I'd also like the ability to increase the number of trees as it gets higher level.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Hmm, i don't have a great solution but..

But say that you need 5 trees in a line first.

You could make an ability based of channel with a point target, then when a unit casts this ability you make something like.

Actions -
Set TempPoint = Point of ability being cast offset by -300, 0
For each integer a from 1 to 5 do:
Loop
Set WallPoint[a]=TempPoint +100, 0
Create 1 Tree at Wall Point
Call RemoveLocation(udg_WallPoint[a])

Now, you could try doing some mathematical formula for the levels as well, changing the offset points ^^

Sorry i don't have a proper trigger, but this should direct you in the proper direction i feel ^^

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
A point Variable. Temp point is a point variable. WallPoint is a point Array variable ^^

I have no idea how this would look though, but i'm thinking it would only be able to make horizontal walls... It was a quick solution >.<

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Uh, what do you mean by a wall, like:

Code:
tttttttttt
    u

or

Code:
t
t
t
t
t
t
u
Key: t=tree, u=casting unit

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I'll try make something up.
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) is equal to Tree Wall
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = (Facing of (Triggering Unit))
      • Set Temp_Point = Target point of (Ability being cast)
      • Destructible - Create 1 Summer tree wall at Temp_Point_2
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Level of Tree Wall for (Triggering Unit)) do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Temp_Point_2 = Temp_Point offset by ((Integer A) * 200) towards (TempReal + 90.00) degrees
          • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point_2)
          • Set Temp_Point_2 = Temp_Point offset by ((Integer A) * 200) towards (TempReal + 270.00) degrees
          • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point_2)
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

Try that.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
Uh, what do you mean by a wall, like:

Code:
tttttttttt
    u

or

Code:
t
t
t
t
t
t
u
Key: t=tree, u=casting unit

The first one. But of course I'd like to choose where the trees will spawn. Like I don't want the trees to automaticly appear at a range of 200 in front of the hero.

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Then just take what the guy who posted in between my posts said, and change the thing I said and it should work fine. Oh, and if you want more than three trees to start out with and more than 2 trees per level, you need to change some stuff.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
I'll try the trigger, but woulnd't it be simpler if I base the spell off serpent ward and simply change the units to doodad - summer tree wall and then add a trigger to line them up?

OOHOHOHO I don't know if you guys play dota, but there is a draenei guy that has some kind of wall that copys units when they go throught for his ultimate. Can't we base it off that and swap for trees?

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
I don't think you can put a doodad in a unit category, and no, it would not be simpler to do that.

EDIT: Sorry, I can't help anymore, I'm sick and am going back to rest.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
what spell do I base it on then?

I tried dispel magic... giving the trigger a try.

errrr.. I kind of blow at triggers, can someone walk me throught this? Like I don't know what to choose when they ask me what ''variable type''...

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
:eek: I never knew about that!
But it doesn't really matter, I couldn't get the spell to work; the spell wouldn't show up after I learnt it (check the attachment the spell is the one with the (channel) suffix)

Here WERE-wolf, just copy the trigger into your map (assuming you have auto-create unknown variables on) and change the condition to have your spell on the right. Or you can also copy my spell and just change the text. I based the spell off of Serpent ward, but I forced it to have 0 in the amount created and the time it lasts to 0(may be infinite, but it's not like it's created anyway).

(Attachment removed, check posts below)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.