Adding Cooldown to the Defend Ability

joohen

Reaction score
Is there a way to add cooldown to the defend ability which the foot man have? I used the search button, and found nothing to solve my problem.:(

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Indirectly you could use a timer and replace it with a beserk-customized ability and activate it, containing the same tooltips etc. and have a timer to replace back to original ability once then cooldown and timer is done.

But if there is an easier way, I'm more then interrested to know too.

Rainther

Reaction score
Nope it doesn't. I believe there's an auto trigger that removes either ability and replaces it with the other, removing all normal abilities.

Rainther

Reaction score
Store the ability level if you have more then one level of it, remove the ability. Learn the other ability (customized Berserk for example), give the berserk ability same level so you can store the value again. Both abilities should occupy the same slot, have the same tooltips and same icons, so that the switch isn't visisble.
Order the unit to use Orc - Troll Berserk or what it's called and have a wait or timer to replace them ability back when it expires. The expire time should be equal to the visual cooldown of the customized Berserk.

Do you need help constructing the triggers?

Rainther

Reaction score
Do you want the cooldown to go once you activate or deactivate defend? Will it be for a specific hero in one team? (Can I use global variable to solve this?)
Have you made a customized berserk as I mentioned?

joohen

Reaction score
Do you want the cooldown to go once you activate or deactivate defend? Will it be for a specific hero in one team? (Can I use global variable to solve this?)
Have you made a customized berserk as I mentioned?
Once you undefend it it will cooldown. Yeah, a specific hero. Can, it will be great! Thank you very much.

Rainther

Reaction score
Will work on it once I get home. One last question: Do you have Jass New Gen? I'd prefer to make this in vJass.

Rainther

Reaction score
I guess this should work:
Trigger:
  • Give Berserk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(undefend))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Defend from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Berserk to (Triggering unit)
Trigger:
  • Force Berserk
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set grp = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman) and ((Level of Defend for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in grp and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Troll Berserker - Berserk)
      • Custom script: call GroupClear(udg_grp)
Trigger:
  • Handle Berserk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Berserk
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Berserk for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Berserk from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Defend to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Berserk for (Triggering unit) to 2
You need Unit Group variable called grp, a customized berserk ability with the same icon as defend and a desired cooldown added into it.

Basicly it replaces your ability whenever you cast defend and replaces it with berserk which is forces to be cast by your hero, and the second time you cast it (meaning that the cooldown is over), you'll receive the real ability back.

I promise there are more efficient ways to solve this however, I'm bad at GUI really. Am too used with Jass.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.