adding the loctus abillity, how?

Happy

Reaction score
no ^^ the ability is just called locust ^^ go in the object editor...then choose abilities and then use the search function to search for locust^^

fjerre

Reaction score
ok so, now i have added the locust abillity and i cant click on the unit but i can run through them and thats not what i wanted, got any idea?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
do they really need to be units? cant you use destructibles?

do your locust units have to move? can there be pathing blockers placed at their position to block movement?

shall your unit have a collision size like a unit? or a pathing map like a structure? you might always create another dummy unit with no model but collision / a pathing map and move it periodically to the position of your locust unit.

fjerre

Reaction score
trying to make a slide map, want so that you cant press on the units but will die from hitting them. itll be much easier then and much more fun. So it kind of have to be a unit or else it wont move, i think at least :). So, ive seen other maps, like murloc slide, where you cannot click on the units but will die from hitting them, how do you do it like that? cuz its like that i want it :)?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
why do you need those units to have collision?

just make the bad guys have locust and permanent immolation and your units will die when coming into range of the immolation if you set the damage to be high enough.

Happy

Reaction score
i simply would do it this way:

add locust...make a custom permanent immolation with about 50 range doing life of the sliders damage and add it to them too.

EDIT: >.< Accname was faster -.-

fjerre

Reaction score
yh, tryed that but then the circle wont popup. that you run over to revive and the should come when you collide with them, cuz they are patrolling and the purpos is to avoid them, sliding past them :). having hard problems figuring that out.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of circle are you talking about?

do you mean you want to spawn a circle of power at the position of a fallen player to give the others a chance to revive him? of course that can be done simply this way too.

fjerre

Reaction score
yes, i mean a circle, seen it work on murloc slide so :), could you please let me know how? that would make my night!

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
No offense, but you need to study some english a bit more, no offense everything has a start, and then you need to be more specific when you describe your problem - but I think you mean circle of power

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, i mean a circle, seen it work on murloc slide so :), could you please let me know how? that would make my night!

what trigger are you using so far? what is the event for the circle to spawn you are using right now? without i cannot help you, it needs to work together with the rest of your map.

fjerre

Reaction score
asdfh.jpg
thats how it looks like right now. and you know, writing correct isnt really my concern atm but ty for noticing my bad eng :) kind of kidding abit and kind of not :p

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
1, Right click in the right tab on the trigger's name -> Copy as custom text
2, Paste it in a new reply, and use "wc3" tags

fjerre

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Unit - A unit comes within 70.00 of Kitty 0001 &lt;gen&gt;
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to DOG
    • Unit - Move Player 1 0175 &lt;gen&gt; instantly to (Position of Kitty 0001 &lt;gen&gt;)
    • Unit - Kill Kitty 0001 &lt;gen&gt;
    • Player Group - Remove Player 1 (Red) from Players
    • Player Group - Add Player 1 (Red) to Losers
    • Trigger - Run Game Over &lt;gen&gt; (checking conditions)
    • If (Alive[1] Equal to True) then do (Do nothing) else do (Skip remaining actions)
    • Set Alive[1] = False

like that :eek:?
Edit: that is what happens when you collide with a unit

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if you use permanent immolation on the bad guys it will improve the code alot, should look like this:
Trigger:
  • KittensDie
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit Type of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to SOMEKITTEN
    • Actions
      • set Temp_Integer = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))
      • set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • unit - move CircleOfRessurrection[Temp_Integer] to Temp_Point
      • custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
      • sound - play VillagerMaleDeath1 &lt;gen&gt;
      • Player Group - Remove (Player with index (Temp_Integer)) from Players
      • Player Group - Add (Player with index (Temp_Integer)) to Losers
      • Trigger - Run GameOver &lt;gen&gt; (checking conditions)

Added the variables:
Temp_Integer, a temporarily used integer variable
Temp_Point, a temporarily used point variable needed to clean leaks
CircleOfRessurrection, a unit variable with array. this saves the circles of power you use to revive the kittens. set it when you create those circles or if they are preplaced at map initialization
and the constant SOMEKITTEN the unit type of your kittys.

this trigger is MUI and leakless.

fjerre

Reaction score
thank you so much! but as always theres just 1 problem. when i die ive got immorlation fire on me (ofc.) but ide like to remove it, how?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.