AI CONTEST #1 Battle Thread

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Isn't it a bit late? Is there a chance to make it 3-4 days earlier? Or starting tomorrow make a battle everyday. So everyday a battle will be discussed.

Ummm, read his other posts? He will be gone, there is no possibility for the battles to be hosted earlier.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Maybe some other from the staff / someone that doesn't particip that he trust could hold the battles earlier.

Reaction score
At least you should've increased the AI creation deadline instead of just pausing the battles for next week. :|

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Just to note, my name is N2o) and not N2o, file names and variable names do not like brackets :eek:

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Someone should make AI for Blood Mage and order him to perma banish his enemy and burn all his mana. And if he tries to manual attack, banish yourself :D

Or perma WW lol.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
The problem is that bloodmage needs lvl 6 to even be usable and then it's damn hard to kill somebody since you do soo little damage.

I wasn't even close to kill my BM when I tried to do it.

warden13

Reaction score
Let's everyone answer
Do you believe your AI is good enough to defeat enemies and why?

I will answer first:

I rely on my spell dodging blink code. It can dodge most of spells.
And also high damage nukes of Warden.
Nothing special but still fine.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I rely on my spell dodging blink code. It can dodge most of spells.
i know everyone who picked warden probably did that. i don't think its fair because; i dont know if i remember correctly, but the AI are supposed to be able to do things a human could, examples which aren't possible; remembering the X/Y of certain locations, knowing where your enemy is when you can't actually see them, BLINKING AWAY FROM ALL SPELLS. now i know its not totally impossible to blink away if you were controlling the hero, but i hope you guys put some kind of condition that checks if the distance between the two heroes is like, > 500 because otherwise thats cheap!
anyways thats just my opinion, dont kill me for it T_T
if the AI are allowed to do stuff like that, then disregard what i said :p

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
i know everyone who picked warden probably did that. i don't think its fair because; i dont know if i remember correctly, but the AI are supposed to be able to do things a human could, examples which aren't possible; remembering the X/Y of certain locations, knowing where your enemy is when you can't actually see them, BLINKING AWAY FROM ALL SPELLS. now i know its not totally impossible to blink away if you were controlling the hero, but i hope you guys put some kind of condition that checks if the distance between the two heroes is like, > 500 because otherwise thats cheap!
anyways thats just my opinion, dont kill me for it T_T
if the AI are allowed to do stuff like that, then disregard what i said :p

a player with good micro can do that with no problem. In a 1v1 he's just start to blink away as soon as he sees the enemy hero starting to play a cast animation. Since you don't have to do any positioning, just blinking its pretty easy to dodge everything except that which happens right in front of you.

Not the best example, but i've seen a wow pvp video once where a mage dodged Deathcoil with iceblock in the same second he warlock cast the spell. It is possible to dodge almost everything with blink.

P.S: If the enemy is right in front of the warden, the AI wont make it out either because of cast animations.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
well spell animation doesnt take 5 seconds, even so some spell animations like mountain kings 'throw' look like an attack.
i think there has to be a certain distance before you can react fast enough and blink away.

by the way im talking about missle spells, not like aoe crap because you could just walk away instead of blinking

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.