Arena Alchemist

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
9prxxv.png

Alchemist

Finally, a project I plan on finishing... maybe... Alchemist is a twist on your average custom hero arena. Instead of learning spells, your hero makes potions, bombs and the like by combining items, and uses them to kill his enemies.

There are three main places on the map:

The Alchemy Labs:
Each player has an Alchemy Lab. The Alchemy Lab contains your cauldron, which you use to combine ingredients and brew potions, your bookshelf, which holds a few old alchemy tomes that list some combinations of ingredients, but not all of them, and your ingredients shelf, which starts off with a few basic ingredients, but in order to get more, you will have to find them yourself!

The Forest/Mountains Area:
This is where all the fighting and gathering takes place. A lush wilderness with thin, winding paths, perfect for setting traps and ambushes for your enemies (note: there are NOT creeps in this game). At any time, the alchemist may teleport to his lab from the forest or to the forest from his lab, but to avoid abuse, it takes 10 seconds to teleport back. When you teleport to the forest, the location you teleport to is somewhat random. There are herbs scattered across this area that you can pick up and use in potions.

The Caves Area [not in version 1.0]:
The caves area is, well, a cave... that is filled with ore deposits and rocks and other goodies that you can use for engineering (will be added in 2.0). Not much else to say about this, seeing as I haven't made it yet...

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Load Screen:
43994d1229748143-alchemist-alchemistls-copy.png
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Ingredient List [there will be more!]:
Deathweed -- Strong Poison
Coughroot -- Antidote
Chokeweed -- Minor Poison
Icecap -- Heat Resistance / Freezing
Fire Orchid -- Flammable
Goldpetal -- Healing
Greenthistle -- Speed/Dodging
Moonglow -- Invisibility
Sun Leaf -- Sight Range / True Sight
Tangleroot -- Stunning / Silencing
Blood Poppy -- Hallucinogen

Potion List:
Red = Negative effect, used on enemies
Green = Positive effect, used on self
Orange = Neutral effect, has pluses and minuses
a3i7au.png

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Hm, I don't quite get it. You make potions to throw at your enemy? Or you make potions that help you, but still attack your enemy.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The idea is very original, and is interesting.
Any idea when the beta will be released?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Beta will be released, hopefully, before new years.

Anyway, yes, you get ingredients and mix them to make potions. It's pretty simple. You can use any combination, but some combinations work better together than others.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
What's up with those weird letters on the loadscreen?
The loadscreen looks cool, in an abstract-art kind of way, but it doesn't remind me of anything that has to do with an alchemist. It looks more like some virus, so I would guess (by looking at your loadscreen) that this is some Zombie map. -Which is not what you want. :p
What's A1.0? Alchemist-Version 1.0?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
The letters spell Alchemist (or Alkemist) in ancient greek.

The loading screen is a fractal, but it's supposed to be a tree (seeing as you collect herbs in the forest, I thought it fit quite well).

A1.0 = Alpha 1.0.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Wow, awesome loading screen. I like the text for Alchemist.

Original idea, nice chart. :D Before New Years... so you got a week or two. :) We'll be waiting. :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Here's a replay of the combination system. Credits to Rheias for his awesome recipe system which I completely butchered.

Attachments

• alchemist1.w3g
    6.7 KB · Views: 242

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We can't view the replay unless we have the map.. Right?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
This looks cool, why dont you post some screenshots?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
There isn't really much to screenshot, unless you want to see a list of items in the object editor :p

And the terrain is ugly... it's just an alpha version that I whipped up in an hour though.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Hmmk, now I got Viikuna doing some systems and stuff for me, alpha should be made by the 28th and beta on new year's eve, so y'all can stay up to midnight playing my map :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.