"ALL" Contests are closed?

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Does this mean the Signature Comps will be closed?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It is probably due to the overflow of contests from users. It is hard to keep them updated and some don't even finish. So I think they are taking a break to get everything organized, so only the official ones, the usual stickied ones, active.

It is probably temporary.

This is just a guess. I think you should just PM the Moderator next time you are confused about something like this..

@Undead: The Signature Tournament isn't active right now... It won't be for a few days... By the time the poll is up, the contests will probably be more... organized and under control and everything.

NOTE: I'm just guessing. Don't flame me if I'm wrong.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If you read, they are only having Official contests. Meaning that the ones that are opened now, are official. Also means that it's usually a mod or admin that's hosting them. You can submit one to them (NOT POST IT) if you think it meets the requirements and would work out.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
There are changes in the whole contests rules which will soon be posted. Please avoid starting contests until then.

duyen

Reaction score
I talked to a Super Mod to opening a contest, and they said they're revising rules, but wouldn't give me a deadline really, s/he just said soon. Rheias, or any other forum leader, is there a general time when these will be out, like a day, a week, a month?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If we knew the time then we would announce it. We are still debating about it and I have no idea how long that will take.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
So, do we still get to do the signature comps since they have always been going good?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, do we still get to do the signature comps since they have always been going good?

What I wrote only affects the World Editor Forum really. If a contest is located into the Graphics Zone then it isn't affected.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
With this new reorganisation of contest concerning Warcraft 3 modding, will this mean that we will see some better organised contests and a broader selection to choose from? Or will the effects of this all in all be somewhat minor?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
With this new reorganisation of contest concerning Warcraft 3 modding, will this mean that we will see some better organised contests and a broader selection to choose from? Or will the effects of this all in all be somewhat minor?

Probably just better organisation of contests. The contests type/theme is prbably only limited to the members' imagination (is that kind of what you meant by 'broader selection'?)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> will this mean that we will see some better organised contests

Yes.

> a broader selection to choose from?

It all depends on the users. If we get a lot of high-quality contests running, then so be it. If we don't, then so be it. :)

> Or will the effects of this all in all be somewhat minor?

Nothing too disturbing will happen.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers, Daxtreme.

One of the reasons as to why I have almost never participated in any contests here before has been because of the bad organisation of the contests and the little actual knowledge the so called experts that has been judges sometimes has had, hopefully this is one of the things that is going to change.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
However I have the right to close a contest if it is poorly managed, set-up, executed, ect, but I don't think that will be the case.

Me neither, I've found that the GZ contests are alot more organized than most Warcraft-related contests :).

---

From what I know, this is a good thing, this means that there will be more organized contests, meaning that there won't be so much complaints and flaming as there have been in alot of poorly organized contests recently :).

ragingspeedhorn said:
hopefully this is one of the things that is going to change.

It is, for sure ;).

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> One of the reasons as to why I have almost never participated in any contests here before has been because of the bad organisation of the contests and the little actual knowledge the so called experts that has been judges sometimes has had, hopefully this is one of the things that is going to change.

Generally, you won't be left on the side of the road with a contest marked "official" and run by a mod.
Others? Well, up until now... good luck.

But that will be changing.

> I've found that the GZ contests are alot more organized than most Warcraft-related contests

I seem to find a few things in this.

1. I've noticed that some people "graduate" to GZ after playing in the Warcraft forum for a while. They're usually more mature members.
2. There are a ton more people in Warcraft than GZ

Those two factors could influence the contests.
Just some thoughts.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yes, the GZ doesn't have too many contests and they usually revolve around one specific theme. WE takes a little more time and effort.

GZ takes effort, but not as much time (in most cases). ;)

WEHZ is continuously growing, so more and more people want to make contests as more and more come up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.