Animations list

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
When you select a unit in the Tool Palette, the left side of the screen shows all the animations for that unit's current model. Hopefully you've disabled Brush List under the Window tab.

Smitty

Reaction score
I found the animation I want, but it's just called 'stand' apparently. But it seems it has about 4 different stand animations (without numbers, just 'stand') any idea how I can refer to each one?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Each animation got a unique ID, you can use a certain line of Jass code to play a units animation by id.
The problem is getting those ID's, apparently there is no way to find the id corresponding to a certain animation with only the editor. You would need to open the model file with a model editing programm and look the id up yourself.
however, all the standard wc3 models are hidden somewhere in the mpq file. You would need an additional mpq browser to extract the model first before you could open it in a model editor.
A tedious work but your only way unless somebody else already has the id to the animation you want.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Try Warcraft III Viewer. Open it up and find your model. There will be a list of animations that the model has. If the animation you want it to play is 3rd on the list, then the ID is 2 (the first one on the list has an ID of 0). Then use this line of code:
Code:
call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 2)
where GetTriggerUnit() is the unit to play the animation and 2 is the ID.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.