``Another Problem``

H

HelpMeNow

K, in my last two posts ive been learning how to make a hero be able to BUY his skills instead of learning them. I got it to work so that you can buy your ability, and then upgrade the level of the ability by 1 by purchasing the item once more. I wanted the player to be able to purchase the skill up until it is level 10, but for some reason it will only upgrade the ability until it reaches level 3, and then it just quits upgrading. I have set the number of levels for the ability to 10 in the unit editor, but it wont upgrade past level 3. Heres what my triggers look like. ( Using Stormbolt for example)
-----------------------------------------------------
Events-
<Unit-Unit acquires item>
Conditions-
<Item- Item type of (Item being manipulated) equal to (StormBolt)
Actions-
<IF (Level of StormBolt being manipulated by hero is greater than 0) then do (Unit-Increase level of Stormbolt for Hero manipulating item) Else do (IF level of Stormbolt for hero manipulating item equal to 0) then do (Unit- Add stormbolt to hero manipulating item).

I dont understand why it wont upgrade past level 3.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Does your storm bolt ability itself have more than 3 levels?

T

TheVoid

Yes

Yes, it is a hero ability, and yes, I have set the number of levels to 10 in World Edit. (PS: Ive registered)

T

TheVoid

I Gots an Idea

I think the problem may be the gameplay constants. Perhaps a certain constant is preventing abilities from being upgraded past level 3? :confused:

T

TheVoid

bummer. Didnt work out. Ive come to the decision that ill just have a trigger recognize that the skill is level 3, and it will be set to level 4. And level 4 wil be set to 5, etc.etc. See if this will work maybe.

T

TheVoid

Eureka!!!

I got It. :banghead: My friends a lucky charm or sumthin. It turned out that in unit editor, it had 10 level upgrades instead of three. But i didnt change the TEXT DESCRIPTIONS, so it was upgrading, but it still read it was only level 3. :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.