Anti-Map Hack - Help

Valtarian

Reaction score
Hello,
For an anti-map hack method for triggers--I thought of creating a trigger (it would have to be in JASS.. so I have no idea how to do it. I only know integers/strings in JASS) that would TURN OFF or DESTROY all triggers NOT EQUAL to the name of any of my triggers.
Example:
Say I have two triggers called "Example 1" and "Example 2"

Here is the anti-map hack trigger:
Events: Init
Conditions:
Actions:
Destroy trigger (not equal to 'Example 1' equal to true and not equal to 'Example 2' equal to true)

Is there any way of doing that?

Also--- My BIGGEST concern...
My last map.. someone unprotected it and added units... the units were completely rigged and OP. The map was then auto-hosted over 3,000 times on Battle.net.

How can I prevent that from happening in my next release? Thanks:)

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Also--- My BIGGEST concern...
My last map.. someone unprotected it and added units... the units were completely rigged and OP. The map was then auto-hosted over 3,000 times on Battle.net.

How can I prevent that from happening in my next release? Thanks

You cant prevent that. If you can protect the map you can also unprotect it unfortunately.

Valtarian

Reaction score
Maybe there is some way to prevent it from opening completely, even with Deprotect? I heard someone imported an empty notepad file into their map and the map couldn't be opened... I'm not sure who or how though

Solu9

Reaction score
Thats true you can import an empty notepad file. But Im pretty sure you can circumvent that as well.

Solu9

Reaction score
Uhmmm. I can't remember the exact way. It's been a long time since I used it. But I think you have to import it the normal way. Im positive that you shouldn't use an MPQ editor, I remember I didn't.

Do a google search to find the correct method.

REMEMBER to make a back up copy of your map before fizzling with it!!!

Imp Midna

Reaction score
To the first question: you can not do that. The name is not a part of the trigger itself, but just the name of the variable it is held in. You have no way to access this name during the game.

To the second one: I dont think that it matters how you import it, you could as well sneak it into the war3maptemp folder while saving, shouldnt make too mutch of a difference.
Also, Solu is right, you will always be able to deprotect a map if you really want to. However,
1: Deprotect does not restore the war3mapUnits.doo file. One can still write a program to restore it, however, i asume one with sutch a skill level will not ungenuinely modify your map anyways.
2: the wc3optimizer is a tool you may want to throw an eye on to. It can not only make your map smaller and quicker to load, it has the option to obfuscate your mainscript, so that it becomes pain in the but to modify your map at all.

Valtarian

Reaction score
Thank you to the both of you guys... You've both been a huge help the past couple of days.

I use the Wc3optimizer, but I don't use all of the protection methods on it because I haven't looked into the whole MPQ replacement thing that they ask you to do... otherwise your map won't boot up. Anyways, I'm not sure what it is--but if it edits the mainscript that would be amazing, I'll look into that.

thorhunter

Reaction score
Deprotecting the map isn't as swehet as it sounds. The GUI is completely lost, variable names are converted into random short names, units placed on map and basically everything gets into one wall of Jass. From my experience, people who bother to deprotect the map and insert hacks or other stuff in it have very little idea about mapmaking and use programs of someone else's deign. You can make some very easy triggers to prevent some of the hacks, that - after deprotecting - are very hard to find if you don't know what you're searching for.

For example:

If you say you have problem with additional units, create a trigger that runs in map initialization, counts all units in the map and returns you the integer value. After you know the specific integer is eg. 76, make the trigger that, if the number of units at map initialization isn't 76, the game will shut.

I don't know any universal solution to your problem, I'm not aware of any function that can possibly count trigger number in the map, I guess all you can do is fight with each cheat seperately, but considering it requires far less effort to implement some anti-cheat trigger than to overcome it, I go with this solution.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.