Any unit enters region - Text appear. How to make it so the text only appears once?

Indenzity

Reaction score
Hello guys, it is me again :)

I have a little question for you, and I could not find any tutorial for it, so I will just ask here.

Discover P base
Events
Unit - Any Unit Enters "Discover P base"
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
UI - Display "Commander: WHAT!? A protoss base!? ..." for (All players) to Subtitle area

Ok, this is how I have made it so far. Any unit enters the region, and a text appears. The only problem I have is that the text appears all the time any unit is in the region. I want it to appear ONE time, and thats it.

Could anyone help me with this? Thanks :thup:

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Turn off the trigger the first time it runs by adding the action Trigger - Turn Off (This Trigger)

Indenzity

Reaction score
Thank you! It worked :)

But I realised that, since I have a Mothership on the enemy team on a Patrol route, and the route is going inside that region, it means that the Mothership will activate the trigger, but no player has ever been there.

How do I add it so only specific players can trigger it? Like player 1,2,3 and 4?

Thanks again :)

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Dont forget to put this action at the start of the actions. The trigger doesnt actually turn off, it just wont respond to events to start it again. So it'll still run the trigger. This is because say if it was a much longer trigger with a bunch of waits etc. and the event is played again, then the trigger would just reset if the Trigger - Turn Off Action was not at the start.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
How do I add it so only specific players can trigger it? Like player 1,2,3 and 4?
Add an Or condition and then under that, add another condition: Owner of (triggering unit) = X where X is the player number you want the trigger to respond for. Add additional copies of the last condition under the Or condition for each additional player you want the trigger to respond to.

Indenzity

Reaction score
It worked excellent! :)

I will just post how everything looks like now, in case someone else might need this:

Discover P base
Events
Unit - (Triggering unit) Enters Discover P base
Local Variables
Conditions
Or
Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) == 1
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) == 2
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) == 3
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) == 4
Actions
Trigger - Turn (Current trigger) Off
UI - Display "Commander: WHAT!? A protoss base!? ..." for (All players) to Subtitle area

Thank you so much for helping ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.