AOE Spell using trigger....

calvin

Reaction score
i want to cr8 an AOE spell using a trigger but every time the hero does the spell he takes damage frm the spell also.. heres the trigger

MEME1
Events
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to MY EYES MY EYES!!!!!!!
Actions
Set MYEYES = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Set bhusan = (Triggering unit)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at MYEYES using Abilities\Spells\Human\Resurrect\ResurrectTarget.mdl
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 800.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of bhusan (Include bonuses)))) x 100.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Lightning
Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 10.00
Wait 1.00 seconds
Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red)

plz hlp :(

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (amount) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Is this what you want?

calvin

Reaction score
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 800.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of bhusan (Include bonuses)))) x 100.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Lightning

this cmnd is causing my unit to take damg as well i need to know how i can avoid that..

ironfist19

Reaction score

this cmnd is causing my unit to take damg as well i need to know how i can avoid that..

Try reading the tutorial : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28117 at tutorial repository by daelin...
It's good for you.. I learned alot from that tutorial :]

Stringel

Reaction score

DONT use damage circular area, just dont. Instead pick every unit in range matching is alive == true and enemy == true and whatever you want the target to be. Thereafter you damage it using the singletarget damage action.

calvin

Reaction score
heree problem now the aoe that i want to damage is in frnt of the caster(much like carrion swarm or wave) but with ur method i can damage around the unit but nothing allows me to damage in frnt of it

canons200

Reaction score
heree problem now the aoe that i want to damage is in frnt of the caster(much like carrion swarm or wave) but with ur method i can damage around the unit but nothing allows me to damage in frnt of it
easy, create a dummy and order the dummy move to your target point,

then another trigger take place, every 0.10 seconds, pick every unit in range of 100 or 200 from the dummy, and deal damage to the enemy in range.

calvin

Reaction score
i found a simpler method........
i just make a unit group in the aoe of the direction im facing(we can use an offset point if necessary) and then damage the unit group..

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
i just make a unit group in the aoe of the direction im facing(we can use an offset point if necessary) and then damage the unit group..

Uh, what?
That's only one point.

What if you're making a projectile spell?
A Nova spell?
A nova-spawn-baby-nova spell?
A projectile-spawn-nova spell?
A projectile-spawn-nova-spawn-baby-nova-spawn-projectile-spawn-nova spell?

Stringel

Reaction score
there's a guide somewhere on how to get a section of a circle, otherwise you can use "point with polar offset" to get a point in front of the caster. That way you could get a circular area infront, much like shadowraze if you've played dota.

calvin

Reaction score
you can make multiple aoes and set them using offset points 1 after the other u wont get a complete straight path but atleast a sumwot straight 1..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.