RPG Archonon Bay - Reign of Maelstrom

spirits

Reaction score
Archonon Bay - Reign of Maelstrom

500 years ago, Archonon Bay was one of the world's most flourishing trade locations. Merchants from all over the globe set sail to Archonon Bay hoping to strike its riches. Amongst the merchants, was a famous inventor named Kadeous Maelstrom. Soon after his arrival, he joined forces with a local warlock named Paavo. Together, they combined witchcraft with technology to create five spectacular gems. They named them the gems of Life, Wealth, Wisdom, Courage and Power. As Paavo proudly presented the five gems to the world, Maelstrom secretly began to harness their immense power.

As weeks passed, Maelstrom began to feel threatened by Paavo’s involvement. Shortly after, Paavo was slaughtered in his sleep by Maelstrom. Now with the law after him, Maelstrom gathered all five gems, and set sail into one of the most violent storms on record. Legends say Maelstrom’s boat sank somewhere on the outskirts of Archonon Bay.

There was silence for roughly a year. Everyone had forgotten of Maelstrom, Paavo, and their five gems. One cloudy morning however, while most villagers were still asleep, Maelstrom arose from the depths of Archonon Bay. He was enveloped in a black mist said to degenerate anyone who was engulfed by it.

With an army of thunderstorms, tidal waves, and meteors, Maelstrom destroyed islands and murdered hundreds of villagers. But what happened next was even more breathtaking. During the time of Maelstrom’s attack, there happened to be a small pirate crew sailing through the bay.The pirates couldn’t believe their eyes. They thought they were doomed.

Amongst them however, was a young boy named Jah. As the crew sailed into their almost certain death, Jah reached into his pocket to withdraw a flute. In the presence of chaos and havoc, Jah began to play a tune on his flute while keeping his eyes focused on Maelstrom. After a few seconds, a gigantic tornado began to form around Maelstrom. Suddenly, Maelstrom was lifted into the sky, and was never seen again. Jah was announced the great savior of Archonon Bay. That night, Jah fell asleep as a hero. The next morning, he failed to awaken. Some say Jah’s mind was infiltrated by Maelstrom. But no one will ever know for sure. Or will they...?

This is the plot in the works for the map which is so big i can almost say that it could be made into its own game.

The game is based around and rpg that has been worked on for over a summer not just an idea that was thought of. Which includes an ample amount of work that has been done.

However for the map to reach its full potential. These are some of the possibilities that are already thought of, and considered. Item stacks item forgers, spell books, boss fights, battle ships, over 200 side quests(already wrote down), unique weapons, custom weapons "Battleships" style sea combat with enemy ships, sea monsters, elemental amours and flying machines, and so so much more.

I, the messenger from the creator of the game, have come to ask if you. The person who read through a block of text and is still curious to see if you would like to help out in any way. You must fall under the category that i will explain.

a) a nice person in general

b) to be able to do one of these things or more :D?

-An item maker, who is able to link experience with items. Also, needs to manage the several hundred item possibilities successfully.

-Trigger er - Needs to be able to make save/load codes. Needs to be able to stack potions. You also need to be able to make spell books, and an item inventory other than the standard 6-slot one.

-Boss designer - Able to make triggers that make it fun for the users. To sum it up, we cant have boss battles be 10 minutes of melee combat.

-Spell Creator - Needs to be able to trigger his own spells, and think of them. Each race needs very very unique spells. For all units and as you can see..there are none right now!!!!

If you fit those well...2 categories then please email [email protected] or [email protected] just in case for the entire information. Thank you for reading.

"If the map fails, or if the map becomes bigger than DotA.. Either way, anyone who had anything to do with this map will be credited accordingly."

-enkei

If you still do not get this game scroll down to let the pictures speak for us.

If you cant fit those categories then its okay! You can still post comments or ideas :D

The Start!

The King

All Non Player characters talk!

Monsters!

Naval units!!

Some of the terrain has been done by enkei but help is still needed!

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
What will you be doing?
Warding off people like you? :cool:

Really, I don't see anything indicating that everyone will be doing all the work for him, just helping him. Even if they were, thinking up all the ideas and managing is big group of people would be a plenty hard enough job. :p (And anyways, If you can see, he didn't even list all of the jobs that would be needed to make a map.)

If you have nothing to say or do to help the construction of the map, and you're only asking that to be rude and pretend that he's just harvesting slaves to work for him, please try not to post in the thread. :D I'm not saying this applys to you, you might have had a perfectly valid reason for asking, and no bad intentions. But posts like that allways annoy me.. >_<

@spirits: I'm too busy right now to help with any maps, but good luck. Some notes though: I've seen the name Maelstrom used a lot. You might want to consider thinking up a more original name. Also, you may not be writing the main text for the map, but if you are you should consider improving your grammar\spelling. (Which, I admit, I am poor at as well.)

spirits

Reaction score
Actually as long as we can fill the 3 different map maker qualities...then enkei is happy.

Yes and ill tell enkei about the name :D

and we are NOTRecruting slaves. This is for people who want to make a great map. I also said that everyone will be credited accordingly even if you said one little thing to help in the map.

and T_T yes my grammer..dont worry im not doing the text for the game..its just that he needed help with posting and stuff

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm.. to be honest I can pretty much do evrything you need help with. Some things such as save/load code are a bit silly, cuz there already are 43098573409573049785304750345349563456394753 save and load codes for a mapper to take. Well, wath keeps me from joining is that... well, what exactly are you doing exept terrein?

spirits

Reaction score
"This is not a giant land mass like most RPGs. Its an ocean with over 40 different islands all uniquely terrain ed . For example icicle islands, uncharted islands, castles rising out of the see, etc etc." -enkei

enkei is extremely knowledgeable in the map making stuff. he has already made some of his ideas come to life, but he needs expert help with the things listed above on his off time because of his schedule or simply he can not do it.

enkei is actually really really really really glad you want to help out. The only thing is, that i really do not see anything from stopping you from either emailing enkei ([email protected] )or going on battle net(azeroth) and whisper him to talk more.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I will e-mail him. I have left battle.net ever since I retired as a melee player.

spirits

Reaction score
awesome JUST AWESOME! I will tell him the good news!

However. This does not mean all positions are filled. As i said before, if you fit in on or more categories then just email enkei !

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I could make Items, Spells and Bosses, big trigger systems aint my thing.

Is the map going to use custom attributes?

As I plus each of my spells and items will have a fitting freehand icon by me, no matter if you want it or not :p

//==GooS

spirits

Reaction score
it doesn't matter if you can only do one thing. if you can do something, under the categories then that's enough! :D

and hmm yah you seem to fit under a nice guy, just because you responded and wanted to help! Items are a big thing with maps. We will be glad to have you on the team!

To contact enkei just go on b net east (usually in channel clan wts or just email him at [email protected] )

just so awesome!!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You really spend your time with colors, :rolleyes:.

Nice thread, and nice story. It seems a bit unstable though, not enough information to back it up. A random boy went in his little boat and killed Maelstrom? :)

Good luck! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

spirits

Reaction score
hey i was making it eye candy and visually pleasing! :D and thanks !

and should i up load the map..? To show you what enkei has done?(with his permission)

nvm he will send it to people who want to help with the development not just upload it..because he doesn't want it stolen.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
lol, I doubt people would steal it, considering it's not exactly an amazing map (yet). :p

And it won't fail or be bigger than DotA, but it doesn't need to. ;)

Who's enkei?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I'm sure almost all maps are playable in single player, just if it's good or not. And if you will have enemies. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm sure almost all maps are playable in single player, just if it's good or not. And if you will have enemies. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

90% of all rpgs ive played are multiplayer only wich makes me mad and usaly the 10& that dose 9% isnt good

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
90% of all rpgs ive played are multiplayer only wich makes me mad and usaly the 10& that dose 9% isnt good

How can they? does it say, you can't start the map before more player have joined?

I'd say most maps are playable singleplayer, but the content is meant for multiplayer, in other words there is no scaling in difficulty based on player amount.

On Topic: no nothing new, but I've talked to the guy (enkei) and he seems allright, I'm waiting for the map so I can check it out.

//==GooS

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
How can they? does it say, you can't start the map before more player have joined?

I'd say most maps are playable singleplayer, but the content is meant for multiplayer, in other words there is no scaling in difficulty based on player amount.

On Topic: no nothing new, but I've talked to the guy (enkei) and he seems allright, I'm waiting for the map so I can check it out.

//==GooS
it kicks me saying no single player most of the time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.