• Yes

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 94.5%

• Total voters

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
In other words you want the iPad because there are no features you don't need, even though it costs more. lmao

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
In other words you want the iPad because there are no features you don't need, even though it costs more. lmao
Umm no? In other words I want the iPad because it offers me almost everything I want and it has no cons for me.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
people have opinions, but you must be pretty apple biased to not see ANY fault in the iPad

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
people have opinions, but you must be pretty apple biased to not see ANY fault in the iPad
Not really, it just suits me perfectly. I do have things I wish that it had, IE video chat etc... but I wouldn't call that a fault. Maybe a very minor con.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Not really, it just suits me perfectly. I do have things I wish that it had, IE video chat etc... but I wouldn't call that a fault. Maybe a very minor con.

Great Keynote don't you think?

[YOUTUBE]1ZS8HqOGTbA[/YOUTUBE]

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Great Keynote don't you think?
Is that supposed to mean anything? Have you actually watched the proper Keynote?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/specialevent0110/
I think everyone should open the link above and drag the slider to 35:40 and watch until 50:30, during that time you'll see the 5 apps that have been developed by the 5 developers Apple chose to allow to build apps for early.

If you watch it, you'll see why I want the iPad, not because of those 5 apps, but the potential for everything else.

I'll this them in order:
  • N.O.V.A (Gameloft)
  • NYTs magazine (NYT)
  • Brushes (Steve Sprang)
  • Need For Speed (Electronic Arts)
  • Insanely cool baseball App (MLB.com)

Each developer spends about 2.5 minutes talking about their app.
The App Store is the driving force behind the success of the iPhone and will be for the iPad.

ReVolver

Reaction score
I won a free iPad and I will do a home review of it tomorrow.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I won a free iPad and I will do a home review of it tomorrow.
If thats true, I'll be interested to read it. However, no one (unless you're someone special) can get their hands on an iPad before April 3rd. So you'll likely not receive your iPad until April 3rd.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what model? Was it the 16GB WiFi?

ReVolver

Reaction score
If thats true, I'll be interested to read it. However, no one (unless you're someone special) can get their hands on an iPad before April 3rd. So you'll likely not receive your iPad until April 3rd.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what model? Was it the 16GB WiFi?

Yes the 16GB WiFi model, and its not hard to get something before it hits the market. I'm probably going to sell it anyways, my iPhone is enough for me.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Yes the 16GB WiFi model, and its not hard to get something before it hits the market. I'm probably going to sell it anyways, my iPhone is enough for me.
Apple has had insane security for the iPad, even making the few developers that were allowed to have a unit for development such as the NYTs to have it locked to a table in a small room with black curtains over the Windows, and requiring them to hand over the key for the iPad to them every night. They've gone to some very extreme measures to prevent any leaks, or anyone getting one before launch without their approval.

That, and the fact that Apple would likely pursue legal action against them to have the contest shutdown, makes it hard for me to believe that anyone could get an iPad before release date.

Oh well, I look forward to the review. I'm thinking I will do one myself, particularly focusing on the battery life.

EDIT: I've updated the first page with a list of some apps that are available.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Apple has had insane security for the iPad, even making the few developers that were allowed to have a unit for development such as the NYTs to have it locked to a table in a small room with black curtains over the Windows, and requiring them to hand over the key for the iPad to them every night. They've gone to some very extreme measures to prevent any leaks, or anyone getting one before launch without their approval.

That, and the fact that Apple would likely pursue legal action against them to have the contest shutdown, makes it hard for me to believe that anyone could get an iPad before release date.

Oh well, I look forward to the review. I'm thinking I will do one myself, particularly focusing on the battery life.

EDIT: I've updated the first page with a list of some apps that are available.

Here is my review on the iPad, it took me half the day to make it... need some rest.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148222

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Meh I'm replying to my own reply again but the iPad is released now!
Check the featured apps (videos) at apple.com... I'm impressed, they look pretty awesome, particularly with Real Racing, Asphalt 5, Visual Elemants and the MLB.com baseball app.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Well I wasn't joking on the not getting the iPad I just didn't do the review, it came in the mail and I'm still messing around on it (using it right now) here are some pictures from it.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    244.3 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0003.PNG
    IMG_0003.PNG
    276 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    747.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    242.8 KB · Views: 303

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Awesome, I can't wait until I get mine. Already got some apps picked out.
Unfortunately, since I'm not in the US I don't get "easy" access to the iPad app store yet, no iBooks/iWork apps either :/

ReVolver

Reaction score
I didn't know how quick they have released iPad exclusive apps like the netflix app where I can watch all my movies without wasting my internal memory and that's good considering it has 16gb. (still using the ipad visual keyboard and still having a little problem using it, auto correct helps alot)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Yeah netflix is coming for iPhone too, I imagine Hulu will bring out either an iPad compatible site or iPad app sometime. Did you hear, iPhone OS 4.0 is being previewed on April 8th. Woohoo!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.