• Yes

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 94.5%

• Total voters

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha, the question is, if I posted this poll about the iPhone when it first came out, would we get the same result. The answer would likely be yes.

The iPhone was highly criticised when it was released and was said to be an epic fail. There is even more interest in the iPad than there was for the original iPhone.
We all have different opinions, but time will tell :D

Actually, I never really noticed too much negative feedback from the iPhone, even when it first came out. In my opinion, if you had made a thread regarding the iPhone, or even the iPod Touch, you would get much better results than you are getting from this thread.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
And even if the results would be the same, we already have an iPhone now, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think this sums up the iPad well:

ipad_vs_notebook.jpg

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I will continue to post here about Apple products for a long time, I like them, and I like discussing. Plus I did want to see how the vote went.

This is like the tenth time that you've posted about this exact product, almost exactly the same thing. And like always the general consensus is no one wants one.

The iPhone was highly criticised when it was released and was said to be an epic fail. There is even more interest in the iPad than there was for the original iPhone.

Except the iPad is an epic fail. It's not even a new concept.

What could be better than having all of your college/school text books stored on your 1.6 pound iPad?

Not having them in a 1.6 pound iPad? I would much rather have them in the hard copies they are so I can write all over it like I do. Besides... 16 gigs isn't enough to hold all of the books I need. Well maybe the books, but nothing else. With all of the work and notes and .pdf files I have related to the books, nope.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Haha, the question is, if I posted this poll about the iPhone when it first came out, would we get the same result. The answer would likely be yes.

We all have different opinions, but time will tell :D

This is an obvious lie/incorrect statement.

The iPhone was huge when it was introduced... Sold out all over the place within hours of stores opening. There were some naysayers [myself included, but now I own one] but there was most certainly more good praise than bad.

I really have no idea where you got this load of crap statement :)

Not having them in a 1.6 pound iPad? I would much rather have them in the hard copies they are so I can write all over it like I do. Besides... 16 gigs isn't enough to hold all of the books I need. Well maybe the books, but nothing else. With all of the work and notes and .pdf files I have related to the books, nope.

In all honesty, I can see his point here. Programs like Notepad and such are great for making notes and all you have to do is cite the page/paragraph in your notes for reference. Essentially the same thing, except it's easier to find stuff because your notes are telling you where the page is, not flipping through the books.

Of course, this also means you can't sell the book when you're done, as most college kids tend to do. But then, would electronic versions be as expensive?

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Actually, I never really noticed too much negative feedback from the iPhone, even when it first came out. In my opinion, if you had made a thread regarding the iPhone, or even the iPod Touch, you would get much better results than you are getting from this thread.
It's not when it came out, everyone realised it was great... it was before, all (or most of) the critics doomed it to failure.
And even if the results would be the same, we already have an iPhone now
My point :p
I think this sums up the iPad well:
Not really, that comparison leaves off all the plus attributes of the iPad and puts the few benefits the net-book has over it.
Not to mention some of them are wrong IE: the iPad and the iPhone, and the iPod Touch all have video out. The iPhone does have multi-tasking, just not for third party apps, 16GB solid state storage for the stuff you want at the time, your computer drive for the rest, vs 160GB of a 5400 or even slower 4800 RPM drive where you have to keep all your contents? And you can buy the USB accessory, if you really want a usb port.
This is like the tenth time that you've posted about this exact product, almost exactly the same thing. And like always the general consensus is no one wants one.
Third, and the second time was asking for links to other tablets like the iPad - doesn't count.
Except the iPad is an epic fail. It's not even a new concept.
That's what they said about the iPhone, that it will fail.
Uh ok, I'd rather have mine on a 1.6 pound iPad.
This is an obvious lie/incorrect statement.

The iPhone was huge when it was introduced... Sold out all over the place within hours of stores opening. There were some naysayers [myself included, but now I own one] but there was most certainly more good praise than bad.

I really have no idea where you got this load of crap statement
Wohh, that's a bit hostile... it might be incorrect but I'm not lying....
And I believe you have misunderstood me, the iPhone was a massive hit when it was introduced, but all (or most of) the critics - just like now, said the same thing, that it would be an epic fail and that because it lacked key features like flash, a camera etc... that it was junk.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Wohh, that's a bit hostile... it might be incorrect but I'm not lying....
And I believe you have misunderstood me, the iPhone was a massive hit when it was introduced, but all (or most of) the critics - just like now, said the same thing, that it would be an epic fail and that because it lacked key features like flash, a camera etc... that it was junk.

My point is this; You're wrong.

At least, for my area and everything I heard, you're wrong. I literally heard nothing but praise in the weeks leading up to the iPhone's release. I had friends who were talking about camping out for it and I saw huge lines near Best Buys and other stores the day beforehand.

No. It wasn't criticized that badly. Not in the NJ area.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I voted "yes" because I root for the underdog.
lol that made me laugh :)
My point is this; You're wrong.

At least, for my area and everything I heard, you're wrong. I literally heard nothing but praise in the weeks leading up to the iPhone's release. I had friends who were talking about camping out for it and I saw huge lines near Best Buys and other stores the day beforehand.

I believe you, but those people aren't critics. When I say critics, I mean the people who write articles / blogs on the internet about new technology, the iPhone was highly criticised for lacking a lot of things other phones had, and was deemed to fail.
And even if I am wrong, which I may very well be, my main point was, the interest for the iPad is higher than that of the original iPhone.

Varine

Reaction score
In all honesty, I can see his point here. Programs like Notepad and such are great for making notes and all you have to do is cite the page/paragraph in your notes for reference. Essentially the same thing, except it's easier to find stuff because your notes are telling you where the page is, not flipping through the books.

Of course, this also means you can't sell the book when you're done, as most college kids tend to do. But then, would electronic versions be as expensive?

Not really. I generally have an idea of what I'm looking for, rather use the glossary or flip through tabs than run through two thousand pages and then look elsewhere for my own side references and notes throughout the book. It's a lot easier to have a pack of post it notes and just put them throughout the book. Besides, it's a lot easier to type on a physical keyboard like on a laptop than on a virtual one or trying to write on the screen.

I don't think it was anywhere by too many people. All the stores here that had them in stock were sold out in about an hour.

Third, and the second time was asking for links to other tablets like the iPad - doesn't count.

It was a hyperbole. You know the concept, similar to what you do for anything made by Apple.

Uh ok, I'd rather have mine on a 1.6 pound iPad.

I would rather have mine on my 1.8 pound netbook (which runs AutoCAD by the way, can your padlet do that?) and hard copies. And regardless, last I checked everything needs to be bought through the Apple Store or whatever it's called. So I kinda doubt you're text books are going to be around.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
It was a hyperbole. You know the concept, similar to what you do for anything made by Apple.
Pff I don't even know what to reply to that, so I'll leave it at this.
I would rather have mine on my 1.8 pound netbook (which runs AutoCAD by the way, can your padlet do that?) and hard copies. And regardless, last I checked everything needs to be bought through the Apple Store or whatever it's called. So I kinda doubt you're text books are going to be around.
No it can't, not as yet anyway... But Apple are planning to bring text books to the iPad IIRC, in fact they are targeting schools as one of it's markets.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If it uses the iPhone SDK I wonder if I can still sell my apps on the iPad, that would benefit my market more ;)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just saw this, and this thread came to mind:
apple_products.jpg

Anachron

Reaction score
Are you serious? iPad sucks, its just a to large iPod with no new stuff at all.
Btw, great picture, Romek!

Varine

Reaction score
What about 2016 iRoad, integrating a new kind of road sign designed specifically for the iRoad called the iSign? It works like a normal road but it's got a TOUCH SURFACE.

Anachron

Reaction score
Then, on 2018, what about an iCity? iCountry? iContinent, iWorld, iUniverse, iTime.

Varine

Reaction score
No in 2018 comes the iCar for the iRoad, then the iBuilding. Then they make what will be known as the iMan, which will include such attachments as the iEye. After that the i is not enough and they revert back to the iiPod, which is like an iPod but instead of having a touch screen it has a screen that you don't actually have to touch.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Ah well I guess I can't convince you guys. But at least I know in my <3 that one day Apple will overthrow the world and force you to like their products :) Lolz... jokes...
Are you serious? iPad sucks, its just a to large iPod with no new stuff at all.
Btw, great picture, Romek!
1) Care to share why you think it's too large?
2) it has plenty of new stuff, the hardware is amazing and so is the OS.

Anachron

Reaction score
After that the i is not enough and they revert back to the iiPod, which is like an iPod but instead of having a touch screen it has a screen that you don't actually have to touch.
I laughed.

Don't forget about the iMac, which is basically a Mac just in the size of an iPod.
And some cool things will be the iWater, the iStone (which is basically a stone that can be touched and is different for each customer) and don't forget about the iFlower, which will be quite handy because you only need to touch it to water it.

1) Care to share why you think it's too large?
Because the apps are only zoomed, and its still not able to be used for any good office functionality.

Apple said its basically iPhone OS with a few tweaks. And if not so, tell me the new features plase.

Varine

Reaction score

Yes how can those operating systems that aren't full operating systems not be awesome?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.