Sci/Tech Astrophysicist Claims He Has Cracked Equation For A Time Machine, But There's A Catch

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
After years of research, Ronald Mallett, Professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Connecticut, has claimed to have developed the equation for time travel, Earth.com reported. Notably, the astrophysicist's obsession with time travel and its equation is rooted in his childhood. Mr Mallett was aged 10 when his father died suddenly, of a heart attack, an event that the scientist says changed the track of his life forever.

He then made it his life's mission to see if time travel was possible. He found solace in reading - including H.G. Wells' sci-fi classic 'The Time Machine.'

"The book changed my life. It's the first paragraph that changed my life. I still remember the quote 'Scientific people know very well that Time is only a kind of Space. And why cannot we move in Time as we move about in the other dimensions of Space?'' he said.

The professor then spent his career investigating Albert Einstein's theories of black holes and general relativity. However, his moment of inspiration came while he was lying in hospital after suffering a heart condition. ''It turns out that black holes can create a gravitational field that could lead to the creation of time loops that could allow us to go back in time,'' he explained.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.