Sci/Tech AT&T Screws Up iPhone Launch, Apple Cleans Up Mess with $30 iTunes Credit

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Apple must be sick of constantly apologizing for the bad behaviour of its iPhone business partner AT&T. Time after time it messes up — no tethering or MMS on the 3GS launch day, a botched 3G launch a year ago — and Apple has to mop up after it. If this were a family, AT&T would be the drunken uncle who always throws up at wedding receptions, and Apple would be the long suffering brother who always has to drive him home.

This time, Apple is offering a $30 iTunes credit for 3GS buyers who couldn’t activate their new phones. New customers hooking their iPhones up to iTunes were seeing a message saying there could be a wait of up to 48 hours before activation — hardly what you want when you were excited enough to buy the phone on its first day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
GG AT&T, GG... :rolleyes:
You think you would get it all planned out ahead of time, but I guess not.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
Yea but not all were a botch cause my friend just got one and it ran perfectly fine from what he told me.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Every iPhone launch makes me love my Blackberry ever so much more.

I don't know how you could, Blackberrys are horrible. I've had a 3 Curves over a year and I've messed with the other ones, and no matter where I've gone or been, the reception is horrible. I can't even talk inside my house, so I have to walk outside and even then it's shitty. I'm not a big fan of the older iPhones either, not sure about this one, I've not messed with one yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.