Attachment image not working??

G

guitarplay

hey, i have a problem with loading some of my images as attachments.

Im making a model for someone, and he wants so pictues of what the model looks like (not the one im making, but what im basing it off)

I took the pics w/ my digital camera, and it worked fine, and they are all jpgs that open perfectly, the problem is, when i try to upload them, everything gets realy slow, until they finish uploading (takes a bit of time), and then, they just end up not working. I dont get an error, it just wont attach them to my thread

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly they are too big? What are the size of the images? When you go to the manage attachments section how much space do you have left for attachments?

G

guitarplay

whe, they arnt big images, and i only have one attachment still posted, and its of a picture, maby taking up 2.1something or other.

i still got a lot of room, unless, when you delet an attachment it still counts as space.

I have a lot of green space, so i dont thing thats the problem

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
When I asked what size are the images I wasn't asking you that they aren't too big. I was asking the size, the exact size of the image. Right the click the image, choose properties, and tell me how big the images are exactly. Also what format are the images in (ie JPG, PNG, GIF, etc). Please be specific here, exact sizes and image types, or else I can't help you.

G

guitarplay

well, there are 4 of them that wont work, all from the camera.

1944X2592 JPG, (it says its a GIMP, but it is a JPG) <-- the most important
same as first
2592X1944 everything else the same
same as first

WOW, those are kinda big!!!!, they dont seem big?, maby thats my problem, il sieze um down, somehow???

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I think he means how many Megabytes (MB)/Kilobytes (KB) are they. But I could be mistaken.

-Husky

G

guitarplay

well, id dosent matter anymore, i got um to work by just scaling them down a whole lot. Ty anyways

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I was asking how big in kb/mb not the actual pixel size of the images. I imagine they were too big and when you scaled them down you brought the file size down enough so they fit. Just a guess though. Glad you got it working.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.