Attribute-based Skills

ianu74

Reaction score
I've been wondering.. How can i make an ability based on Attributes?like 3 times your strength.If there's a link can you tell me?

ianu74

Reaction score
i don't quite understand what your saying... What Do you mean..?
I tried to find that Trigger in GUI. is it JASS?

G

Glade

No, it doesn't require GUI or JASS.

I'll give you an explanation: Say you were trying to make a stat-based storm bolt. First, you'd set the basic triggers for storm bolt...

Events: A unit starts the effects of an ability

Conditions: Ability being cast - Equal to Storm bolt

Now, actions is where it gets interesting. You go to Unit - Damage Target, and click on the amount (default amount is 500).

Then, under the Function section, look for Conversion - Convert integer to real.

Once there, click on the blue "Real point value" button, then go to the fuction menu in the new window. Click on Hero - Hero attribute, then set the value for whatever you want. Set the "Hero" to triggering unit, set it to include bonuses, and you're done.

Potatisbil

Reaction score
A bit off topic... :
No offense glade, and correct me if im wrong but.... GUI means Global user interface (atleast thats what i've heard) and whenever i see it i think about the basic stuff like triggers..so...isn't GUI and triggers actually the same thing? :)

//potatisbil

G

Glade

Aaah...I haven't been paying attention in my WCIII classes, I was under the impression that GUI was some sort of different programming language like JASS.

Anyways, for clarification, attribute-based damage can be done with just regular triggers, no JASS neccessary.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> correct me if im wrong but.... GUI means Global user interface
Graphical User Interface
Or just "triggers" in case of WE...

> no JASS neccessary.
Well...what if you wanted to make a stat based shockwave? Or a stat based starfall?
In that case you would probably have to remake the entire spell...well that can be done using GUI, true, but you need Jass if you want it to be MUI (as in more than one unit to cast it at time).

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To add 2 cents, JASS = triggers also. Just without a Graphical interface, but being a direct language instead. But it still uses the triggers' mecanics.

G

Glade

Well, you can do a stat-based shockwave by adding a buff to the shockwave's effect, then damaging all units with that buff, right?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
> correct me if im wrong but.... GUI means Global user interface
Graphical User Interface
Or just "triggers" in case of WE...

> no JASS neccessary.
Well...what if you wanted to make a stat based shockwave? Or a stat based starfall?
In that case you would probably have to remake the entire spell...well that can be done using GUI, true, but you need Jass if you want it to be MUI (as in more than one unit to cast it at time).

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=368010&postcount=9
^^

And not : http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=358398&postcount=6

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.