Automatic Shockwave Ability?

JeveKnight

Reaction score
I have a custom ability similar to shockwave, goes a straight line and damages all enemy units. Problem is, I don't want it to have to aim in order to activate the ability. I want to click the ability or press hotkey for the ability like warstomp or something, and the wave shoot out directly forward from where my unit is facing. I will rep if you can help me find a logical trigger for this, thanks!
:D

Ticer

Reaction score
Do you want it to go in just one direction, like whatever direction the hero is facing? Or go in multiple directions?

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
create a custom warstomp, call it Shockwave..
And the shock, wave you already told me about in 1st post, you call Shockwave Dummy
Now make a trigger like:
a unit starts the effect of an ability
ability beign casted equal to Shockwave
create 1 dummy at position of triggering unit
add a 2 second experians timing to it
add Shockwave Dummy to it
order it to tauren chieftain - shockwave position of caster offset by 100 and facing of caster angle

Edit:
Trigger:
  • Shockwave
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shockwave
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Pos = (Position of Caster)
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of Caster) at Pos facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add ShockwaveDummy to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of ShockwaveDummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Shockwave for Caster)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set Pos2 = (Pos offset by 256.00 towards (Facing of Caster) degrees)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Pos2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Pos)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Pos2)

JeveKnight

Reaction score
The thing is, I don't want it to cast Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave. I want it to cast my custom ability that's similar to shockwave. I've tried using the dummy before, but I can clearly see the dummy unit, and if I remove it too quickly it won't cast the ability on time. Also to Ticer, I want it to go in the exact direction the unit is facing. Nothing else.

Ticer

Reaction score
if seeing the dummy unit is your only problem, change its model file to the tree of life upgrade model, then it can't be seen. Probably should give it locust ability too so it can't be targeted/killed.

edit: and gimme a sec with the direction thing

JeveKnight

Reaction score
if seeing the dummy unit is your only problem, change its model file to the tree of life upgrade model, then it can't be seen.

My other problem is that I don't want it to cast a set ability, I want it to cast a custom ability that I made.

Ticer

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to "Your Spell"
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Casting unit)
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of TempUnit)
      • Set GroundSlam_Angle = (Facing of TempUnit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of TempUnit) at (Position of TempUnit) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add "Your dummy spell" to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of "your dummy spell" for (Last created unit) to (Level of "Your Spell" for Temp_Unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (TempLoc offset by 10.00 towards GroundSlam_Angle degrees)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempLoc )

For ordering the spell, give the command to your dummy unit of whatever spell you based your dummy spell off of.
edit: in fact, free killing's trigger would work well too, just plug your spells and variables in for either trigger.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Free_killing's one is more eficiant than ticers one and easier and ticers one leaks

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Ill tell u simply how to cast a custom ability. Example, First I made a custom ability off frost nova, to make a spell called freeze. I want to cast freeze. How? I order unit to cast Lich-frost nova. You have to ask the unit to cast the spell tht u based it off from. Hope it helps. free killing's trigger should work.

Gtam

Reaction score
Order the unit to cast the ability u based urs of

JeveKnight

Reaction score
skyblade, im ordering the dummy unit to cast the abiliy i based it off of (Carrion swarm) and it just casts carrion swarm... not my custom ability. could someone help? thanks.

Ticer

Reaction score
make sure your dummy unit has just your custom spell and not carrion swarm. If it doesn't have carrion swarm, it can't cast it.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Ok lets say u made a spell called swarm attack, based off carrion swarm. Make sure ur unit has the spell swarm attack, or added thru the trigger, and not carrion swarm.

Gtam

Reaction score
Ticer it leaks where u create the dumy unit at position of temp unit

Gtam

Reaction score
Ya i saw u create point and not use it dont rush the trigers of

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.