(>^^)> Ayumi's Question Thread <(^^<)

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
yea thanks elms, the trigger is working !

btw how come my leak group has problem o_O

how come it won't add those units inside (i already had the matching condition right)

anyone knows the reason?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, your leak group was fine I just made the whole line red, really this is the only part I changed
Code:
(Units of type Ayumi Guardian)
I'll undo the red on the other part so I don't confuse anyone else who might care :eek:

ayumilove

Reaction score
Question 19: What is save/load system for?
I hear many people talk about putting the save/load system into the
game. But i was wandering, why would they want to create their custom
save/load system when the warcraft it self has the save game o.o

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I never found any use for this either. But I believe they're handy in epic RPG maps. Such as the Black Road?
Where you can save your hero, his stats and items and load the hero in a different game.
I have no clue how it works, though. :p

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Let's say that you make a map, and everytime someone plays it, you want to reward him. This could be a new upgrade, more units, etc. Neither the gamecache or the warcraft save/load has this multiple map functionality. We'll need a save/load system to make it happen, and what this system does is simply given the user a string on save, and then it interprets the string into actions on load.

S

Sunny_D

a save system is very useful, if you want to save your progress in rpg maps. lets say, you have reached level 10 in such a map. then you can generate a code with several triggers like "Sunny10" and this code is shown to you when you type -save. you write Sunny10 down on a paper and you can use this code the next time you start on the map.

"-load Sunny10". you can detect the single substrings of entered chat string and compare the first part with the player name (to prevent others using your code) and then you read the substring "10". what tells a trigger to set the level of Sunny's Hero to 10 and you can further improve your level.

of course thats only a simple example. people could easily type their name and a number. to prevent that, you can, with some coding triggers, show a more complex save code to the player what can only be read by triggers. it would look like "-load AbcD1E-f23GhI4" or similar in the end. ;)

Metov

Reaction score
answer to a past unanswered (i think) question

death coil is a spell with missile art and no buff... just remove the healing aspect of it.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
U can't remove the healing aspect, the ehaling and damage are joined together, its either both or neither

Metov

Reaction score
make it only target enemies, for example. and/or make it used only by a dummy unit. does no damage but the damage is triggered to whatever the user wants.

oh and another ability could be shadow strike, but that has the damage done by it highlighted in green above the unit...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
#10 You can use a modified Devotion Aura to set armor to 0. However, I'll warn you up front of two things.

1) It's an aura, so it lasts as long as the holder is alive. Untested, but if you raise the duration of the Aura, I think it'll last past the aura's destruction. Thus, if you raise the duration to 10 seconds, create a dummy devotion aura guy and then kill him, you could effectively cause a group of units to have nullified armor.

2) More importantly, it can't effect heroes as well. It acts on their base armor, but it completely ignores the agility-enhanced armor. Devotion aura will make a Knight have -5 armor to 0, a rifleman nothing (having 0 armor already), and -2 for footmen, but a Paladin, who at level 10 has 8 armor by default, only receives a -2 decrease. Make any sense? If you want it to target heroes, you will need to use some kind of system to further reduce the heroes armor. One of the simplest but annoying ways to do this is use a modified inner armor with increasing negative armor "bonus", set the level to the differential determined by the hero's armor (take his agility and multiply it by the game constant for armor bonus for each agility point, which you can look up) and cast it on the hero.

ayumilove

Reaction score
New question (Q20)

Question 20: How do I disable a Hero Aura?
I was wandering, if a Hero can use Silence to disable enemy from casting spell,
is it possible to disable their aura? How do I detect whether that Hero has Aura?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
There's a quick solution to #20, but it doesn't work if there's multiple units using the aura. If there's only one per player, you can get away with using a required unit for the aura to work. Once you create the hero, you should create the required unit (make it a dummy unit with no model, no collision, no vision, and no shadow and place it in a random corner of the map, like 99999, 99999). Then, detect the silence being cast and pick the player's "required unit" and kill it. When the silence is over, create another one and the aura will work again.

You'll have to give the required unit a creative name, because abilities requiring it will cloud out and say that they require "name of required unit" to work. Make any sense?

==============

A longer solution to #20 is making a special null-value level 1 of the aura and detecting when the aura is first learned, so you can raise the level to 2 automatically so that the aura works. Then, you can use handle variables to find the level of the hero's ability, then set it to 1, wait until the silence buff is gone, and then set it back to the variable of his original level. This solution is fully MUI and capable, though it requires more triggers and thinking work.

ayumilove

Reaction score
Question 21: Footman without weapon attachment
Hi guys, where can i download a model which has no weapon attachment.
I saw some rpg that can throw out the weapon and shield. and the footman
only have the armour he wearing. i searched in wc3campaign, dont have the model

G

Gojhin

Problem 10: I cant think of any way to do it other than making a trigger for each unit type and using the spell as a dummy. and using differant spells. like,
EVENT: unit casts a spell
CONDITION: ability being cast equal to "Reduce Armor" and ( target unit of ability being cast equal to orc grunt )
ACTION: order Dummy Unit to cast ability: Reduce Armor (Grunt) on target unit of ability being cast

Reaction score
Question 20:

You're not able to disable auras with silence if it is not triggered aura. If your aura is triggered, you can just turn off the trigger I think.

Code:
Conditions
  ((Triggering unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True

(Boolean)

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here, I removed his sword and shield with magnus's Model Editor. Hope its what you wanted. :)

ayumilove

Reaction score
thanks evan! i'll be looking into it once i get home XD,
no warcraft editor here (-.-o)

btw, where can i download this magnus model editor?

ayumilove

Reaction score
Question 21
how do i make the unit dont move/attack/cast spell without having a buff on the unit?
i dont want to use pause in trigger,

how do i make the food number beside the gold and lumber icon, dont change into
red color when the current food used is more than the food produced, i just wanna it white

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.