Arena Azeroth Divided

A

AzerothDivid

This map is a AoS map.
There are 2 teams ( Alliance and Horde ) with 5 players on each side.
Each team has it's own hero database. Players also recieve 6 gold / 6 sec.
The next gameplay feature of this map is zone control. In order not to make this a "who kills the enemy main building wins" map, i have implemented a zone control feature. There are some Mercenary Camps and one unique item shop that are initially controlled by neutral. When a team conqueres a so called zone they will recieve control of that building and also a 1 gold / 6 sec bonus, while two defensive towers will be build near that building. Therefore players will try to conquer a zone and then defend it, because apart from the building itself, the gold bonus is very important, mostly when a team controls more of them. Controlling this buildings is also important because they offer an important strategic bonus and they help players to get closer and closer to their enemy's base.

Heroes are designed in order to fulfill more jobs. There are tank, caster, ranged, hybrid and support classes. All of these have spells that make them usefull in their own way, so choosing a good hero combination is essential.

Each team has an important building placed inside their base. The winning team is decided by who destroys the enemy main building first.

Until now there have been implemented a Hero revival system, a creep revival system, a multiboard, a trigger that gives gold if you kill an enemy hero and some other smaller ones.

The goal of this map is to create an entertaining, competitive and challenging map where teamplay is very important.
The map is still under development.
Project homepage : http://www.freewebs.com/azerothdivided or http://www.azerothdivided.co.nr

A

AzerothDivid

Map beta test version is done!
There has been a major gameplay change in order to enjoy this map at it's full capacity (for dota-style gameplay fans :)). You can check for download mirrors on the Azeroth Divided download page, while you can also support us by reporting bugs or making suggestions.
Download mirror - Beta Release (more mirrors can be found on the project website)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
My first suggestion after seeing the preview image:

Needs more variety in terrain (not just plain Grass, maybe add Dark Grass, or Rock, etc.)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Sounds fun. I did something like this not too long ago. Some people looked past the regularity and had fun, but others were just too stubborn to enjoy the game. :rolleyes:

Anyways, good luck.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
The caputureable stuctures could be attacked when they were controled my myself or my ally, so I could just attack it dead over and over to get gold from it. It made towers every time too. Speaking of the towers, they have "Tooltip missing!" with sammy icon, that does nothing.

The terrain needs work too, yes.

A

AzerothDivid

thank you for your suggestions. they have all been recorded and will be fixed in the next version of the map, along with other major gameplay improvements.

A

AzerothDivid

Version 1.0

Firstly i was very happy when today i saw 2 public servers playing the beta version of the map, each having >6 players. I would like to thank all beta testers and everyone else that helped this map by giving suggestions or reporting bugs.
As said before, all reported issues were going to be fixed when the version 1.0 arrives. Well the version is here and it comes with tons of improvements.
Code:
- improved terrain
- added 2 zones where random runes spawn every 1-2 minutes
- added 1 hybrid hero for each team. Netherdemon for Horde and Rune Warrior for Alliance
- added more spells
- added more items
- added Zeppelin and Siege Unit at Goblin Laboratory. Zeppelin costas 300 gold and 1 lumber, while Siege Unit costs 500 gold and 5 lumber. The Siege Unit is very usefull vs buildings.
- fixed victory conditions
- hero kills now give 1 lumber each
- now you can't attack/kill allied units anymore
- added -ms and -repick text commands
- fixed various bugs
- balanced heroes and gameplay constants
Here are 2 screenshots:

This being said i would like to present you the 2 new hybrid heroes. Both of them use an unique type of magic.

The Rune Warrior - Alliance

It is a hybrid type of hero. He comes from the Outlands, being requested by the mages to support the war against the Horde.
He uses Rune Magic only, and all of his spells are based on Rune Magic. He has a healing rune spell, but also a Rune Shield, Rune Teleport and Rune Silence spells.

The Netherdemon - Horde

He is also a hybrid type of hero. He was kept hostage by the Alliance in Outlands, but escaped the prison being helped by a warlock. Now he returns to aid the Horde in their battle against the Alliance, trying to recover his lost powers.
He uses Demonic spells such as a demonic healing spell, a Demonic Aura, Demonic Shield or Demonic Shout. He also has the abillity to convert friendly units into health.

Hope you enjoy this version of the map too.

Download link: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=1001
Download link #2: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=92682

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.