WIP Azure Dreams

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
yes,
im making the map based off of the playstation game.
but the game was also made for gbc (although slightly different)

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sounds like Shin Megami Tensei if you ask me... o_O
Anyways, good concept. Need any demon ideas?

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
the monsters i planned on making are mostly originally from Azure Dreams so far i only have plans to add about 7 new ones, and the main reason i am adding them is to balance out the number of monsters aligned to each element. but i will definitely ask you if i need some creative help.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i edited the first post to include a small section on issues that i am currently facing.

-my biggest obstacle at this time is deciding how to implement the random dungeon generation. I did some research and found an algorithm that was used in a rogue-like rpg that i might be able to adapt to suit my needs. Its current form leaves too many dead ends, which i have already figured out a way to remove. But now i have to turn the pseudo code into gui =[.
-another pretty big issue is that i havent been able to find models that i am happy with. ill go into more detail about the model issue later though, and maybe someone can lend a hand.
-i was hoping that i could use item charges to display the quality of a weapon or shield, but in my map i planned to have certain traps and curses that would lower the quality, possibly into the negative numbers, but the way wc3 handles items with negative charges is to treat them like 0 charged items. and there is no way to set the charges to a negative with triggers. it can only be done in the object editor.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
just bumping to show that i havent given up on this project, although with school and other distractions i have not put as much work into it as i had hoped.

anyways, i am currently working on an extended inventory.
i think i am going to use 4 abilities to switch between the 4 pages of 5 items
and ill make it so it doesnt matter what page you are on, youll still get bonuses from your equipment. which i already know how to do, its just getting around to it that is the problem. =P

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
bump,
ive done almost no work on this project since my last post due to school and other distractions but have not scrapped the project and i intend to look for some shield and sword attachments in the near future.

Teach101

Reaction score
So how are you planning on doing the save/load with so many items and familiars? Or is there not going to be one? Or is it a campaign?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.