Bandit CTF

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Bandit CTF (a wip)

Hi y'all!
I'm working on a new CTF map, based on Bandits vs Citizens.
I started out with Horde vs. a Demon-kind-of-race, but it looked crappy so I remade most of it.

I've got screenies below, and a link to the map.
(http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=634)
NOTE THAT THIS IS AN UNFINISHED VERSION (v0.2) AND THE COMPLETE VERSION (v1.0) WILL COME FAIRLY SOON.

This is my most advanced map this far, and personally I think it's turning out pretty good.

Most of the typical features:
* Capture the enemy Flag 3 times to win the game (yy, very original, I know. But it's a good wincondition so I use it anyway)
* Up to 4 players per team (2 teams)
* Two Neutral Players (computer/trigger controlled) with "bonus flags"
________-capture the "Elder Tome" from "The Wild Ones" to earn 400 extra gold, +4 permanent Int, 800 bonus exp - for ALL heros on your team.
________-capture the "Lucky Coin" from "The Miners" to earn 1000 extra gold and an increased income for ALL players on your team.
* Each Bonus Flag can only be captured once.
* Small map and fairly high movespeeds of player heros, to give it a little more action-feeling.
* When-ever-I-want system of creepgrinding.
________-The map is full of neutral critters, of a few diffrent kinds.
________-Attacking a critter transforms it to a hostile creep that will act as any given Neutral Hostile unit.
* Automatic Periodic Respawn (yes, just like in WSG in WoW).
________-This map is not focused on killing/surviving and therefore it shouldn't be that big a deal if you die.
* CaptureCount Leaderboard, displaying captures by each Team.
* When a team wins, the leaderboard shows each player and how many captures each player have made (including bonus flags)
* Item Recepie feature. Not so many items yet, but there'll be more ;)
* PowerMode (-pm) game mode, doubling exp gained by player heros and decrease neutral teams hp to 60% of standard.
* Unique Heros with unique trigger-encoded abilities (don't know any jass yet)
* Hero maxlevel 20.
* Hero ability levels are 3/3/3/1 + 10 levels of attribute bonus that's based on each hero's major attribute.
* Personal Chest. Immovable item-storage (6 slots) in your base.
* Several minor features like (-ms; view movespeed) and other things.

(Just as a sidenote, I'm thinking about changing Miners to some kind of demonics or something instead. They started out as Bounty Hunters when the map was still demon vs. horde but Bounty Hunter and Bandit is a little too similar... which maybe "miners" is too..)

For now, I'm just looking for comments and ideas.
When I've completed enough of the map to upload it I'd love to have some more people (got two guys this far, that I know irl) to help me test it :)
Sadly there is no eta on when the 1.0 veriosn will be finished, since I only work when I have the time and I'm not the fastest mapper.
0.2 is the same map, but it's not completed and fully tested.

Another (LINK TO THE MAP) for your convenience :D

TESTERS: emootootoo, Mangler, [insert everyone else].

Hope you like it this far! <3 :)
I kinda do :p :D

Advena

Reaction score
/BUMP

Now I've made a link to the download section where you can download my map!
Just click the link in the post above!

Thank you for reading, comments/ideas/whatever are much appreciated!! :)

Advena

Reaction score
babumpies..

Well, I guess a CTF isn't exactly the newest thing. :banghead: :(

At last, tho, the release of the first "playable" version is coming.
I would really use some more testers! We got two, and me. And it's a 8-player map.
All who help finishing this first version will get +rep here and cred in the map (temporarily, at least) :)

Anyone feel like it, just pm me or post here! <3

Advena

Reaction score
Sadly, only the neutral teams have AI and that's very basic, and trigger-based only. :eek:
I do intend to learn more about AI, but I haven't really got around to it yet.

So, yes. I'll have to gather eight players to test it "as it should be".
The important thing about testing is of course to get rid of bugs and such, and for that I don't need many (two or three, like what I have).
Just saying it'd be fun. Anyone (at my discretion of course <3 :p) can help out!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.