Basic Question

U

Unregistered

I just started making maps with the world editor and I can't figure out how to rotate the units and doodads like I can with the terrain. I want to make a map with 4 quadrants, all equal and the same. I can cut and paste the terrain into a new spot, then mirror it but I can't figure out how to do the same thing with the doodads and the units, any help would be appreciated

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
to cut and paste anything you can use standard cut and paste commands found through ctrl-c and ctrl-v.

to rotate doodads/units you have to press the ctrl key, and then click the unit with your left mouse button, and then keep the button down and move your mouse around. You'll see the thing rotate as your mouse moves.

thats the (sorta) hard way. the easy way is to double click on the doodad/unit to open up its properties box. you'll see a field there where you can set what direction the unit faces.

note that not all doodads can be rotated.

U

Unregistered

I appreciate the reply, will that move them individually like theyre facing a different direction or like the mirror horizontal option for terrain, will that move them to the corresponding point on the map 180 degrees away.

I made a map and want to make the top and bottom halves of the map the same, I just want to use a "mirror vertical" option or its equivilant to make the trees and units the same on the top and the bottom.

Is there an easy way to do this.

Thanks

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
just select all units or doodads and open up the properties box and then set their facing angle. that should work for all of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.