Beginner help

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Using the GUI, I am trying to edit a current trigger, and it wont let me delete a certain part of it. I decided to just try to make a new one and leave out the part I dont want, but I cant get further.

I want to display the players name, and some text. This would be after he uses a trigger. The existing trigger hass some "collor text" array that I basically want to get rid of but where do I delete it from the lines of text?

So I tried to make it new, and got to the part where I can display the name of triggering player, but then how do I ad the "+" to be able to add text and more?

triggersah2.jpg

Ok, I just figure out how to add the string + string. now for the second part, how do I delete the "color text" from the string?

Baltazhar

Reaction score
To remove those first parts of the displayed message, you have to do the action all over. So as it is now it's probably String+String+String+String. You would have to make it String+String and set the strings again. So it's basically making the action all over and not include so many +String functions.

zzyzxroad

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ok, fair enough. I did figure out the first part, so thats cool. I guess in all reality, the color could be deleted and left with "empty string" but then thats just useless code. Tahnks for the responce.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
No problems mate. It's pretty easy remaking an action, but it's annoying that the only way of undoing it, is redoing it all. Especially if you have a String+String x 10 or so :)

Btw, that's the only way of removing parts of an action, goes for all other actions as well I believe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.