General Beijing Olympics: US swimmer in naked protest

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Glamorous US swimmer Amanda Beard became the first athlete to cross the boundary between sport and politics at the Beijing Olympics today when she took part in a naked protest against the international fur trade.

Ms Beard, a double Olympic Champion, posed for a nude picture as part of a publicity campaign run by the animal rights group, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

The swimmer, who is no stranger to showing a little skin - she posed naked for a centerfold in Playboy Magazine last year - said she was determined to use the Olympic platform as a stage for her views.

"What happens with animals when their skin is ripped from their bodies when they are still alive, it's heartbreaking for me," she told reporters.

Last edited:
K

KaboomDoggy

Does PETA really have any authority anymore? And the animals are killed before skinned if they were alive that would be mean but would also damage the fur thus rendering it unable to be sold.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
PETA wants animals completely released from service - skinning them alive would be even worse in PETA's view. PETA doesn't care about the treatment of animals, but rather the fact that they are being treated.

PETA -

Wikipedia said:
rejects the idea of animals as property, and opposes all forms of speciesism, animal testing, animal product eating, factory farming, and hunting, as well as the use of animals in entertainment or as clothing, furniture, or decoration

Reaction score
PETA's "treatment" of the animals they receive isn't what I would describe as ethical at all. Also Amanda Beard's teeth look like they could sheer through plate metal.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Animals are not killed before skinned -_-
Seen many videos where they are skinned alive, competely.

shawtybaby

Reaction score
Does PETA really have any authority anymore? And the animals are killed before skinned if they were alive that would be mean but would also damage the fur thus rendering it unable to be sold.

That was written out of pure ignorance. Get your facts straight.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
PETA kills so many animals so I don't really give a shit what they say about my furry hood. I think I'll form a group called PETAA... People for the Efficacious Thralldom of All Animals.

Why would them being alive damage the fur?

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
I am just confused on why killing the animal ruins the fur, I can think of so many places to enter to kill.

shawtybaby

Reaction score

That was written out of pure ignorance. Get your facts straight.

Umm the thrashing around possibility of blood getting on it..

Holy crap i sound brutal, Im not really.

Once again, you speak out of pure ignorance. Watch and educate yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_AKdAGCYQU

These bastards that do this to the animals are sick..

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ok, let's not start our own argument here. What they do is sick (I watched the video :() and sad... sniff. But. ...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Ok, let's not start our own argument here. What they do is sick (I watched the video :() and sad... sniff. But. ...
But what?
it's pure cruelty on animals, :mad: I don't even want to watch hole video.
what they do it's sick. :thdown:

shawtybaby

Reaction score
I am sorry if I posted that video, but ignorants like KaboomDoggy just pisses me off. That is how I feel.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
All the problems in China right now that this lady could be protesting against, and this is what she picks?

Amazing. :banghead:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Opportunity cost my friend. Rather than spending time protesting for animal rights, perhaps her time could have been used protesting for HUMAN rights?
Why spending time, well they cant talk, they cant say to a human, why human is cruel to us Right?! well, sure she could also protest on human rights, but where is other people? And why only she protest over something. she did something anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.