Best save/load system?

Dasslokk

Reaction score
Hey.
Due to the fact that I have way too much time I figured I'd make a little RPG map. The first problem I encountered hit me before I had even started... Yeah, the save/load system. I tried 2 or 3 systems I found here on TH, but they just didn't satisfy me completely. I think the best solution is AceHeart's, but it annoyed me that it didn't save the ability levels, just the hero level, which means you have to click 200 times on the ability buttons after each time you load.

Is there a modified version of this system or some other system that saves EVERYTHING?

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
AceHart's does save everything even abilities did you even look at the triggers? or just test the map? Anyways my Orpg uses AceHarts and it saves: exp, gold, lumber, strength, agility, intelligence, items, item charges, hero, abilities and abilities level. maybe more im not on WE right now. And its very easy to modify it to do that.

Dasslokk

Reaction score
AceHart's does save everything even abilities did you even look at the triggers? or just test the map? Anyways my Orpg uses AceHarts and it saves: exp, gold, lumber, strength, agility, intelligence, items, item charges, hero, abilities and abilities level. maybe more im not on WE right now. And its very easy to modify it to do that.

I have tried to modify it, but it isn't working. Can you tell me how to modify it to save abilities then?

Dasslokk

Reaction score
there is a section in the map just for that..

really? If you mean the trigger for saving abilities, I have already tried merging it with the save ALL trigger (which obviously doesn't save all :\ )

Maybe i did something wrong, or maybe I just don't understand anything at all. Please help me out here.

Dasslokk

Reaction score
I just used AceHeart's system which you find here. I have downloaded his demo map and is using that to try to understand these triggers. But as I said, I can't get it to save abilities.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Use Pipedream's system, that's the beast I've found so far and it's really easy to use if you UNDERSTANDS it.

Dasslokk

Reaction score
Use Pipedream's system, that's the beast I've found so far and it's really easy to use if you UNDERSTANDS it.

Edit: Found it on WC3C. Just wasn't anything about it here on TH :p

Thanks for the tip. I'm checking it out now.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Check out the examples.. It's pretty easy to understand. You won't really get any system that's easier than that. Sure you can get some GUI system but they will never compress the codes so much as that does or be as efficient.

Dasslokk

Reaction score
I took a look at it and it simply made no sense to me at all. Didn't understand a single thing. I'd rather use a GUI system which I at least can understand some of.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.