WIP Black Parade

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Introduction
The Black Parade is my attempt at a horror, mystery game. You, a clever little marine, have drawn straws with the others, and you have been unlucky. However, your fellow marines will help you, but it is up to you who caused this problem. The environment will show clues that you have to pick up on, everything is placed there for a reason, and your suspect has left some very big clues to pick up on.

Gameplay
The game starts with a small cinematic to try and get you in the zone and share that atmosphere that the game has to offer. You will have a little different keyboard movement system for you to move with. There is also a locked camera to follow you, restricting your birds eye view to create more drama. You will be armed with a very powerful weapon that only you poses that does more than the average gun.

The Suspect
The person your after lives in this so called "mansion" that your team is in. There have been patrols positioned outside that reported a blur of darkness running in what seemed to be the back entrance. When the soldiers tried to follow, the door sealed itself. Screams and cries of agony have been reported from the west wing of the mansion, leaving you to discover who this black shadow is.

I will be releasing a demo to try and get you hooked :)

Progress
Demo-------[l l l l l l l l l l]
Units-------[l l l l l l l l l l]
West Wing--[l l l l l l l l l l]
East Wing---[l l l l l l l l l l]
Mystery-----[l l l l l l l l l l]

Screenshots
blackparade01.jpg

blackparade02.jpg

blackparade03.jpg

blackparade04.jpg

Credits
Sound + Models
- www.FrictionalGames.com
- WindexIsBack
Keyboard System
- Tige_R

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Those models look very familiar... :rolleyes:

Anyway, your description is kind of vague. Give a little more detail on the gameplay. I know it's more on puzzle solving, but you should also say how often you will have to use your gun. Also, I highly suggest increasing the units' scaling value. Two marines could fit in a cardboard box. :p

This kinda reminds me of Alone in the Dark. Good luck with your map. :)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
The way you approached lighting is really choppy. You should try using a thick black fog and a simple light source on each character instead whatever you have now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.