Blight Spread help

Unholygod90

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew any possible way to have a hero spread blight that stays, while they walked. Please help. :D

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Do not try to make it via a Blight Spread ability. Make a periodic event to pick the hero every second, and create blight at the position of the hero! I could make you a trigger if you want

However, note that I don't know if you can make this look good. The blight always gets quite uneven when added in small areas via triggers, and if you cannot add blight to less than quite large square grids, or it will not look like blight at all :eek:

Unholygod90

Reaction score
If you could make it so I can take a look at the set-up that would be great.
I don't mind if its kinda big. As long as its not HUGE :p Thanks in the meantime :thup:

Crimson

Reaction score
Uh...maybe you could store the hero in a variable during map initialization then make a periodic event that centers a region around the position of that hero, where the blight would be created

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Something like this

Trigger:
  • Blight spread
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.30 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set temp_group = (Units of type Your Hero)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temp_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Environment - Create Blight for (Owner of (Picked unit)) from temp_point to a radius of 100.00
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temp_group)

I even made it MUI :) (maybe that was unecessery and its just a specific hero, not a hero type, that should spread the blight? If there is an ability a unit has, just pick units with that ability instead)

Its actually kind of smooth, nice idea! You might want to increase the blight radius, but I tried it and it looks good ;)

Unholygod90

Reaction score
Super smooth, works great and looks awesome! Thanks so much! The only thing I changed was the radius to 800. + rep and Credit in game! :D :thup::D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.