Bloodstain on the Ground

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Im trying to create blood that actually keeps laying on the ground for some time, similar to what happens when a human soldier (or for that matter, any unit) dies.
My first intention was to actually create one of those blood effects as a special on the position i want, but it actually ended up splattering around without laying on the ground afterwards.

So i looked into the Peasant model trying to find out what kind of effects it uses on death, only to find out that it uses:
- HumanBloodPeasant.mdl as a spawn object
- HumanBloodSmall0 as a splat
- HumanBloodSmall2 as a splat
- HumanBloodLarge1 as a splat

So i tried to insert those models as a special effect, but my world editor told me:
- HumanBloodSmall2 isn't even on the list of models
- HumanBloodLarge1 doesn't exist
- HumanBloodSmall0 doesn't exist
- HumanBloodPeasant does indeed exist, but it only splattered around, it did not create the bloodstain i was searching for.

So my last try was to do this:
Trigger:
  • Blood
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Rred) types a chat message containing -blood
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by (Triggering player)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\HumanBloodCinematicEffect\HumanBloodCinematicEffect.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodFootman.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodLarge0.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodLarge1.mdl
          • Spezialeffekt - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodKnight.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodMortarTeam.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodPeasant.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodPriest.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodRifleman.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodSmall0.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodSmall1.mdl
          • Special effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\HumanBloodSorceress.mdl

Lots of blood splattered around, but no bloodstain was created at all.

So, does anybody know how to actually do that? :)

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
I had a Bloodbath ability in an rpg some time ago. I used Objects\Spawnmodels\Orc\OrcSmallDeathExplode\OrcSmallDeathExplode.mdl

It leaves a bloodstain on the ground for some time at least, don't know if it's good enough for what you're looking for, but it's something... The only problem with it is that if i remember correctly it also sprays out bones and stuff, so it kind of looks like a fish just exploded, but, you know... what are you gonna do...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.