RPG Broken Peace ORPG

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Oh, maybe I should try Fable out. I know it's a very good RPG, but I never really played the game. Oh, and of course I'm male. I guess all the cute avatars make me seem feminine. :eek:

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Well, I can host my map now. I'll let you guys know when I host the alpha map.

Anyways, I changed the AI completely. The original AI couldn't last for more than two in game days. This is a problem. The new AI is more genetic. There's no randomness. Units spawn at a certain time of day to attack their near by rival. Once certain buildings are destroyed the spawning weaken, and then stop. This will give the role players a battle like feel to the game. So the pvp will still be epic (in my perspective). I'm also hoping to add a large neutral city that will hold pvp mini battles for higher/lower level heroes. I'm also working on new areas, and I added three unique dungeons.

I'm thinking about adding more health and attack to normal units. I cut the normal mob's health in half so you won't die constantly because the only reason mobs are there, is to level quickly. I don't want players to die from mobs.

Dungeons are difficult, but can be ran solo around level 19 and up. I may have to make them more difficult, but you do die a lot even at level 19. Spiders are pretty simple to kill, so I might have to up their health by three instead of two. Also, there's an epic dungeon. Each dungeon can be ran only once per game. If this is a big annoyance, I'll figure out how to respawn each dungeon. Items are dropped in these dungeons, but I'll have to add more later.

I'm thinking about adding guilds soon. Something customizable that you can do on the forum. Anyways, thanks for reading. I'll have screen shots up soon.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
A public test run will be made on Monday 8:00 PM Central time on the US East server.

Nymne

Reaction score
A public test run will be made on Monday 8:00 PM Central time on the US East server.

Your Account there is Ninva aswell? I'm so going to play with you!
I hope I can arrange it. I'm living in Germany and I suck concerning the time zones.

1337Elite

Reaction score
Your Account there is Ninva aswell? I'm so going to play with you!
I hope I can arrange it. I'm living in Germany and I suck concerning the time zones.

I'm on too, but I guess I'll have to be awake till around 3 am here. Not sure though. I'm in UTC +2, and you're in UTC -5 something, right?

Nymne

Reaction score
I'm on too, but I guess I'll have to be awake till around 3 am here. Not sure though. I'm in UTC +2, and you're in UTC -5 something, right?

That's right! You're living in CST+7. And I'd have to wait till 2:00 a.m.
Would you let us play with you, Ninva? If so, could we meet in a Channel or so?
This would make things easier.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Ok, I need to change my times around too (something just came up). I'll pick out a nice date and time that would work for us. Oh, and we'll meet in the Broken Peace channel. I'm sure that's not an official channel. Also, if you cannot find me just add Ninva to your friends list. I'll probably be in some other channel because I'm just that absent minded. :eek:

I'd like to note that the only big features I have are the basic PVP and three basic dungeons. The map still needs a lot of work, so I'd like to see what the general audience wants to seem improved and if the current map is going into the right direction. If any one who plays it thinks the game is good enough to host, then you are more than welcomed to do so. :thup:

Would 11:00 AM Central time work out? I looked at the times and from what I could figure that's within the mid PM range. Is this alright?

Linkoln

Reaction score
So i would assume that there would be massive butterfly effect. The game would have a normal timeline(if no players did anything), however if i were to say, Prevent a human village from being destroyed from bandits, it could spawn a human traitor that causes the humans to lose the war or spawn a hero that saves the humans at the end.

This would be awsome if it were a feature, however it seems unlikely

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I'm planning to intwine quests like that. Also buildings can be destroyed to end certain spawns, etc. This constant skrimishing will end when the castle (that has a lot of health) dies. Ultimate pvping will require high leveled heroes on each side. Two pvp games can run in each hosted game unless I make a GM command to reset a race's capital, which would allow more pvping to continue in the elite "official" games. Leveling, right now, should be very simple until you get up to the 25. Then the only way you can really get some good exp is through dungeon raids and pvp.

The PVP system is still far below alpha or beta. I did some alpha runs, and people stayed to level for a while until my computer crashed (longest game, the game crashed). :rolleyes:

I'm taking a momentary break from improving the map. I need to do other things for a while. Please visit back in a week or so. I'll hopefully have an alpha map ready for testing soon.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll hopefully have an alpha map ready for testing soon.

I hope so :)

Good-luck with finishing this map (or at least the alpha/beta)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just added a race/class system. Right now it's a ways from alpha testing, but it's pretty neat. I also have items that will attach to the heroes' body. It's pretty neat. My cousin really stressed on me doing this, so there it is. Hopefully you guys will like the race/class differences. I'm adding warrior, rogue, and mage (fire and ice) to the mix for now. Soon each race will have its own special class (Paladin, Shaman, Dark Knight or Lich (I can't decide), and Demon Hunter). If you want to suggest a better special race, go ahead. I'd also allow you to add your own classes if you have any better ideas. Right now, the different classes will have a different level up system (like they do on WoW) so each race will be very different with classes (orcs would be better warriors and humans would be better battle mages, etc). :D

Oh, I should probably add a warlock or priest.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I'm really glad with all the progress I've made thanks to the TH.net community. I still haven't included quests or a reputation system or a way to save that reputation system. I have included races and teams for pvp. I'm going to add a "neutral town" where all players start as souls. This town can be captured and used for your racial benefits. But be wary! Other players can charge your defenses and take the city as their own. I'll add another town like this, but I think combat for a town which holds PVP honor rare elite equipment makes the game fun and challenging. There's an easy way to cheat the system, but GMs will keep all the cheaters out of gameplay. If an unregistered lvl 200 appears with epic armor, the GM would most likely boot the player for causing chaos by killing everything in site. I may just up the NPC's level and stats (currently they are all lvl 20 with upped status of x8). You can kill these NPCs fairly when you get to level 25 or so. I went one-on-one with a level 27 Shadow Hunter (the orc's special class) and killed the human's mini village guards. So I'll probably have to up their stats and give them respawn rates. This will allow players to have a default pvp status for all levels. I want that pvping to be for end game players (level 200 for now).

I'll be adding honor metals. You receive these for doing special pvp quests and killing other players on PVP. I'm thinking about allowing NPCs to give medals, but that's kinda rigged. It's not very difficult to kill at least one NPC. They don't work as a team.

Teams and raids add a lot to the fun. Raiding the various dungeons at different levels make the game exciting. I'm hoping to add a huge dungeon soon for end game players.

The alpha map should be released soon. I still have plenty of bugs and glitches to work out. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of Sunday. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.