Broodlings

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
I have seen maps with broodlings that have zero energy. I tryed using the "set unit energy" to 0% but it didn't work. When I create a broodling, it is still at the 180 energy count-down... How do I set it so it doesn't do this?

H

HELLSS

blek

A broodling normally dies when used with the "create with properties" action after it's 'energy'reaches 0, and the same effect takes place if the unit is pre-placed on the map in StarEdit. But when broodlings are created using the "create unit(s)" action, they simply never die unless it is from damage.

*copies a short FAQ from his site*
Many people have trouble with pre-placed, or trigger placed Broodlings dying once thier energy runs out. Here is the trigger to use so they are placed and stay alive unless killed:

Owners:
- Player 1

Conditions:
- CONDITION OF YOUR CHOICE

Actions:
- CREATE UNIT'S
Create '1' 'Zerg Broodling' at 'location' for 'player 1'

Of course the trigger doesn't have to be for player 1, just change the player to which ever you want.

Ilendil

Reaction score
So there needs to be no 0% set energy trigger? And I created broodlings with triggers... and the broodlings still have the energy countdown. How do I fix it?

Ilendil

Reaction score
Also, I saw a spider mine that is "up" as in not planted, but there, and it can't move or attack. It looked like it was neutral... how do I set it so spider mines can do it with triggers? Or do I have to place them manually?

H

HELLSS

blek

Spider mines have to be placed manually for a nuetral player to do that i'm pretty sure.

Did you read what I posted about broodlings? :p Don't iwht the create unit with properties trigger, just use the creat unit one.

and why are you setting their energy to 0%? that will kill them right away.

Ilendil

Reaction score
No, I'm creating them with triggers, but they still have the energy.

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

ill be out of map creation a while , but everlasting broodlings are pretty easy to do , i had the same problem , just create them i've looked that when you create the they start with 0 energy .
EaSy nO?

H

HELLSS

blek

wwoooowww... you found that out yourself or from reading my post above where I said that? :p

Ilendil

Reaction score
Ok... here is the trigger:

CONDITION
- Current player brings at exactly 1 Civilian to 'Broodling'
ACTION
- Create 1 'Broodling' at 'Pre-Spawn'
- Preserve trigger

Then theres a trigger to move the units at 'Pre-Spawn' to their respectable Spawners, which are hero science vessels.

These units STILL have the energy that end up killing them.

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

hmmmm , yay :D

i know whats wrong , i passed all the day in the school figuring it out .
in the map cant be ay broodlings , if therees one when you create them theyll not work , so remove every broodling and create them with a location

H

HELLSS

blek

Boy he sure wasted his time in school lol...

I don't see why it isn't working, if you create them without editing properties it should work perfectly.

You can always just make a trigger that keeps all broodlings energy at 100% if nothing else is going to do it... I still don't see why create units isn't working.

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

:( my time :(
but why it isnt working?
are you sure there wasnt any broodling?
mmmmmm maybe you did a trigger that makes broodlings energy go down ...no , thats stupid, i dont know whats going on with your map , try looking at the units settings or somewhere else and look for something:confused:

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

mmmmmmmmmmm sorry but i couldnt edit , your map is great i know how you did that fire , disable bunlers with some damage and with some fb inside it no?
and your broodlings , try creating the broodlings at the beacon
( the lings that show you which unit you can make )

Ilendil

Reaction score
Yes!! I found out why. :) There was a trigger to set energy to all units on the map to 100%. Well, when I changed it so it only counts for medics, it didn't change the broodlings energy. :cool:

H

HELLSS

blek

And there was much rejoicing...
:eek: :D :cool: :p ;) :D that's people rejoicing!!! :pissed: and he's swanky, he's always pissed off about something don't mind him.

I was about ready to drive down to your house and look at the problem first hand!!! ;) Would only be about a 1-2 hour drive hehe.

Ilendil

Reaction score
Re: blek

Originally posted by HELLSS
I was about ready to drive down to your house and look at the problem first hand!!! ;) Would only be about a 1-2 hour drive hehe.

lol :)

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

hey that stupid idea was true :D im glad for you , i really like ur map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.