Buddhist Temples

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Two friends and myself have been interested in Buddhism for quite some time now, and we decided to actively seek out a Buddhist temple in our neighborhood. We all agreed to dress respectfully (long sleeves, and no shorts) but i was curious if there are any other do's and dont's we should be aware of, The last thing we wish to do is offend.

Does anyone have any experience with this? :] thank you in advance!

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
I heard a lot of them don't speak english for traditional reasons. Like the one in... Rockford I think it is.

I don't know much about them aside from that. I'm sure you won't offend anyone there :p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Not sure but if I get around to it or if I remember I'll ask this Buddhist girl that goes to my school and get back to you.

But even if you do make a mistake I'm sure they'll understand that it's just lack of knowledge and they'll respect you for trying to get in touch with other cultures.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Rockford michigan? Thats the one i went too, it was fun, and they were very friendly! Im considering going back with my friend.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I've been to a few temple things; I knew nothing about how I was supposed to dress or anything and they didn't seem offended. They just explained the rules and customs to me; I think as long as you're not a dick about it and are at least willing to try and understand how it all works they won't reject you.

I would just stop by before you plan on touring it and ask about what you should do. I know that you're supposed to take your shoes off before entering a home or temple with a shrine of Buddha in it. I think, but not really sure, that you should wear black as well, but that might be a different religion (been a long time).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.