Build ability and how to modify

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Totally forgotten how to do this. I remember the repair ability gives the build ability as well, how do we modify the buildings built? And is it possible to give this ability to a hero? If not, the only alternate solution is the item build ability which is unstable.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there is nothing like a "build" ability. (actually there is but thats just for internal use and not give-able through the editor.)
what exactly are you looking to change about the construction, i will tell you what to do.

skyblader

Reaction score
Yeah I know the build ability comes together with the repair for humans. I want to change the buildings available to be built. And is it possible to allow heroes to build more than 1 building?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
which buildings are able to be built is not determined by the build ability. a worker can build up to 11 different structures. these are listed in the "Tech tree - constructed structures" (or something along these lines) field in the object editor.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
In the Object Editor, Click on the unit that you want to have the build ability.
Under Techtree - Structures Built, select the building you would like the unit to be able to build.
Depending on the type of building ability you want, under Abilities - Normal, click Add ability.
In the Choose Ability dialog, choose either; Build (Human), Build (Night Elf), Build (Orc), or Build (Undead).

Human means the unit will stand next to the building being constructed, and work on it. If the unit is ordered to walk away from the constructing building, it will pause the construction of the building be constructed.
Night Elf means that the unit will become immune and go inside the building being constructed. If the unit constructs a building with the classification Ancient, it will be removed.
Orc means that the unit will become immune and go inside the building being constructed.
Undead means that the unit will stand next to the building being constructed while it is being started. If the unis is ordered to walk away from the constructing building, the building will continue to be constructed.

If you choose Human, you must also do the following:
Under Abilities - Normal, click Add ability.
In the Choose Ability dialog, choose Repair (Human)

skyblader

Reaction score
Lol, didn'th ave to be so precise man, but thanks :thup:

DioD

Reaction score
building is race dependant, ability only for icon display, nothing more.

also you can play with ivory tower like skills, its 5 or 6 such skills.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
building is race dependant, ability only for icon display, nothing more.

also you can play with ivory tower like skills, its 5 or 6 such skills.

Are you sure? I've always had to be specific with the way I wanted the units to build. Made a Cat N Mouse like game, and the mouse had to be given the undead build ability. (Cat N Mouse is a SC map where the Mouse was a Probe)

DioD

Reaction score
if you tested - this is true.
but anyway, setting builder to unded initially much more better way to let him instabuild.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.