Build more buildings than normally possibly via a spellbook?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm trying to make my peon able to build more buildings than normally would fit into the build menu. So I would like to make a spellbook that the peon can use to build more buildings (advanced buildings,) but still costing gold and lumber not lumber. I was thinking it would be possible to base it off of the summon great hall ability somehow but I still want the builder to disappear inside as a peon unit (orc builder) does.

Is such a thing even possible and if so how would I do it?

Thank you to everyone who tries to help me in advance. :thup: I'll try to +rep you as well if you can help me.

Zerox

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Um the Wisp form of the town hall spawning item doesn't no. I don't think so at least. Its used by heroes.

Sessional

Reaction score
Oh. Well, let us see. What we are trying to do is hide a unit while construction on an "additional" building is being built?

Why not just check to see if the "building" is placed and then despawn it, and respawn it again after construction completes?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Such things may work, but first I need to try making it possible to build the building. It didn't seem to work when I tried it.

Sessional

Reaction score
Well, if all else fails, you can always make it a spell, and trigger a dummy unit with locust, and order that unit to build something. I know it's not clean, but work arounds are the way of WC3!

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My last post was last night and its no longer on the first page. Time to bump I suppose as much as I hate it. I still haven't figured this out if anyone can help.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The Ivory Tower ability can be used to build a building with a spell. But, you can't have multiple in a spell book and expect it to work. Tiny Great Hall, Tiny Altar of Kings, Ivory Tower... all variations of the same spell. It's really impossible to have two build menus at once.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So why can't you have more than 1 build spell because they'd all be different spells? Spell books can have more than 1 spell. Thats why I don't understand what your saying in why it wouldn't work.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The Ivory Tower and friends abilities are all clones of the same spell. You can't have clones of the same spell and have them working unless you base them off of Channel or Charge Gold and Lumber.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Try making a building which upgrades to other buildings with high upgradetime?

duckne55

Reaction score
2 simple methods:
1. Create a spell that switches the Peon unit to another unit (a.k.a Fortress Survival) who is identical in everyway except it builds different buildings.
2. Create a "page 2" in the build menu

reyghost

Reaction score
the triggered part i dont know but about how to make "advanced buildings" try using ability to morp ur peon into other guy(call it advanced buildings with 0 mancost and 0 cd) but maintain the model so that it still looks like peon but change the buildings he can build so that u have 2x posible building menus.Its not as smooth as it would be if it was posible with spellbook but it doesnt work bad.

reyghost

Reaction score
ups sorry for repeating the method but previous comment wasnt there when I started writing :eek:

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The Ivory Tower and friends abilities are all clones of the same spell. You can't have clones of the same spell and have them working unless you base them off of Channel or Charge Gold and Lumber.

What about that one bonus map in the TFT campaign where the builder had two build menus?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
2 units maybe? a unit gets created when the other build menu is selected (an ability that's not a build menu) selected, and it selects the last created units build menu?

idk, blizzard seems to know a little bit more about the game than the rest of us. (I wonder why)

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Just make a dummy ability on your builder that switches it with another builder exactly the same except for the buildings he builds, and make a trigger that replaces the unit with the other. but to switch back you'll need to make the same trigger but reversed. Thats what they did in Fortress Survival.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Fortress Survival? Is that the bonus map from the campaign he's talking about? XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.