Offense Bullet Hell Project

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
I tried it out; couldn't beat the first thing (not even half way) and I loved it.

Suggestions:
-Difficulty settings
-Ability to 'phase' in and out.
-Enemy has special attack which will bounce off the wall
-I found that if I got really close to the enemy, I wouldn't take any damage even if all the projectiles hit me (at least it seemed that way)
-The missiles look freakin cool if you type in "Whosyourdaddy" in single player, haha
-Upgrades for weapon (Wave, Single shot, Shotgun effect, ect)
-Special one-time-use abilities
-Missiles should destroy the enemies attack

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
glad you liked it, the map was biult to be hard, so dont worry if you coudent beat it

The difficulty settins will coem in after i figure out how to do a vote system <yes i are very nub in that area>

no need for 'phase'ing thats the whole reason why you have the polarities

bounceing off walls.. i attempted that once, it failed miserably, ill add it if and only if i figure out a way to make them boucne correctly

you where most likely in the same polarity as it's projectile, save a replay next time this happens

lol yea, thats because of the collision system, if the boss cant kill (detect) your missles, then it flies right though them <it doubble served as a anti cheat o_O>

Im adding powerups, so dont worry <prolly determined by team score>

uhhh.. ill think on the one time skills.... <might do it for the bombs>

Theres no need for destroying the attacks, this is a reaction game <once again> the reason why theres a polarity system is because youll always have a state of invunerability, that is if you can match the colors fast enough

New Spells
3 new attack paterns for the bosses
Bullet Bomb spell for the players
New system implimented! :Aggression system, the lower the hp of a boss, the more agressive it becomes and the more bullets itll fling at you

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Update: This update might take longer then usual

I am remakeing the boss attack patterns, they will now target one player for every attack and will be shot in their general direction

Adding boss "options" that spawn both red and blue, these boss options will be mini versions of the bosses and will spawn bullets according to their color, meaning a blue option will only spawn blue bullets

Remakeing homeing lazers to be more like a peirceing attack, they will materialize beind your ship and will peirce the boss at mazeing speeds (short delay between each spawn)

Added the Bullet Bomb where at the cost of all your mana, you can form a sheild around your ship, the sheild is immoble and will last depending on how much mana was drained.

Lowered absorbtion rate from 10 to 4

Added score counter that tracks your total points
New scoreing method, Per hit would be based on the damage delt, time remaining, and how many bullets you absorb.
Score counculations
(damage delt * (time remaining/(total time/2)) for every hit on the boss
4 for every absorbed bullet

Lowered the mana input for the homeing missles

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Cool Very cool. I haven't ever seen anything like it.

If it were my game and i would consider having him fight alot of weaker planes and maybe at some point hit that boss plane.

not sure where the direction your heading.

But really good. effects. are stunning.

How did you do the hp bar like that.
i am decent with triggers. something like...hp/how many hp bars you had. 100 or something.
show 1 bar per.

But how do you show 1 green hp bar. for you boss hp.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i have two floating text bars, one as the under lay (composed of L (lower case) for the spaceing, or if you dont want spaceing then its | (space + \)
yes, there are 100 slots

the 2nd bar, you store it into a variable, have something to detect the damage and check how much hp remains in %, run a loop useing the % as an integer to set a string to be (your string + (l <or |, depending on your taste>)

then change the 2nd bar's text to equal that of the string, set the string to empty string afterwards

For the color, after you set the string, check if the % of remaining hp is over a certan ammount (in my case its 100-66 green, 65-33 yellow, 33-0 red) and under a certan ammount, then change the color of the text afterwards.

the weak enimies are comming after i program uniqe bosses, im makeing the bosses first because when i was personally playing shooters <not too logn ago> i found it funnest when fighting the bosses, i mean yea the little ones give you powerups and such <to be implimented later> but the bosses is where the fun is, dogeing (or in my case absorbing) all those bulelts and watching pretty colors spin about on the screen (impossible to emulate with wc3 engine, it just dosent support all those projectiles) is just fun to watch and play

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Update on progress
- Beam's are finished <damnit fixing the lagg was hella hard> (reduced lagg)
- Removed boundary animations <incresed the number of particles in my map by 36 (aka reduced lagg)>
- Added new skill, Blink [Instantly Teleports the player to whereever his last order was, the distance traveled will be compensated with mana at a conversion of 10 distance for 1 mana <1000 range max>]
- Bullet Bomb now has a fixed mana drain of 40 and will last for .8 seconds
- Score counter is now instants as opposed to counting upwards by one
- Redid agression system, agression how builds when the boss is damaged, the agression will slowly reduce as the boss fires back at you
- Added Time limits, were if you cannot destroy the boss in time, the boss will fly away
- Added Boss Kill Score, this score is counculated dependant on how much time is left and the remaining life and lives of the players

Time - Every 10 miliseconds is one tick in the timer

Score system
Score cap - 99999
Damage to boss - 10 for a hit of the opposit color, 5 for a hit with the same color
Absorb - 4
Boss Kill - (Boss Level x (Time remaining/5 + ((remaining life of every player/10)/(ammount of players playing)) x (((lives left for every player(100))/ players playing)x 10)
<example, boss level 2, 100 ticks remaining, perfect match, full lives, 5 players>
((2 x (100/5)+((2500/10)/5)) x (10 x (100)/ 5) x 10) = 3400
Perfect Kill (no damage taken for that round, must kill boss) - (players playing x (boss kill score/(8-(current level))
<example, using the same paramiters as the last example>
(5x (3400/ (6)) = 2833

With that, you just scored 6233 points

Perfect Game (no damage taken for the entire game) - Total score x 5

As i said, this is a game of reaction, i will reward people who is able to do that <yes with ingame points, but what the hell>

as for the math, i was bored lol

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This game is great, takes alot of skill to play, which is great for the type of game it is. It'd be really cool if it had waves of mini ships or creatures that attempt to attack you before each boss, and you can get bonus points or bonus attacks that kill the bosses faster from them or something(or like when you shoot your normal shot, it shoots like 2 or 3 or 4 extra shots out in random directions or whatever), and also it'd be nice if you can get bonus lives(you could have it where after you get a certain score, you get 1 bonus life)

I like how Multiplayer is available in this. =)

10/10 on this map though.

Edit: Imo, the Final Boss should be alot larger, it should be realllly realllly huge, or at least like 2-3 times bigger then what it is now, it should have a dramatic explosion when it dies lol. Also, this game would be 10 times easier and less tiring on the fingers, if you had the arrow keys as the way to move your ship around, and possibly some way to turn an auto shot on?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
The little guys im still working on lol (itll be in in about 2 or 3 versions, but for now i need to work on the differnt boss patterns) (the normal creeps will have spells that resemble that of the bosses, exept at a much smaller scale <somewhere about 1/4 of the effect of a level 1 boss skill)

Yes they will be a srouce of powerups (which im thinking on makeng them give skills or mana at random)

About the lives, for a game in this format, you usualy get hit once and a life is gone. Your hp bar, servers as your lives counter, you have 50 lives to start with, each boss kill gives you 10 lives (dead players will revive with 10 lives), i might make it add an extra life in for all liveing players when the score reaches 500,1000,2000,4000,8000,16000 and so on.

Dramatic explosions will be added, dont worry i havent played all those shooters for nothing XD

Oh btw, all bosses as of now, are 1.5x bigger with the final 2x bigger, their hit circles have been re adjusted accordingly

Specal effects progress, When the boss hits the 66% and 33% hp marks, he will release his own version of the bullet bomb that will clear the screen of ALL bullets (his and the player).

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I could see me and my friends becoming hard core players at this game, just keep up the work! Looking great =)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
UAHHHHH YES!!! FINALY

Boss #2
Rageing Raven
Polarity : Dark
Attacks - Summons creeps at will (meaning the spawns that spawn after you kill the boss), higher the agression the more creeps will spawn, these are the only "bullets" that are killable in the game, but bewarned, there are alot of them. The bullets released on death will be depenant on the boss's agression level

Creeps Finished!
A creep wave will spawn at the end of every boss battle, creeps will have 10 hp and will lock on and fly into one of the players. On death, may it be collsion with a bullet or player, it will release bullets of the same polarity on the player.

Powerups: Crystaline fragments will spawn from boss kills and creep kills. If you collect 25 fragments then you will be awarded with either points, lives, mana, or a manaless ability (has the same effects as an ability that uses 100 mana)

Changes to content from offical released version so far
Laser damage output incresed from 10 to 20
Boss #1 Scattering Sparrow now has a working bullet drop
Boss Polarity will not spawn at random
Bosses will not spawn at random
Fixed Agression system to support multiple bosses
Added random targetting for lightning to zap creeps
Moved regions to remove bullets faster

As for dregonx im glad to hear that ^_^

oh and btw, i will attempt to start a singleplayer port of this map that supports arrow keys, or that can be a lan version if arrows dont lagg in lan

And yes, the nameing style is my mimic of mgs bossnames, i just beat mgs4 and it was fucking epicly awesome

newversion will be up after the 4th boss is compleated

and for anyone with lagg, i am sorry i currently do not know a way to further optimize it with the knolage and skills i currently have, you will have to wait for my next optimization update, terribly sorry (or you can get a better comp altogeter which will allow you to play more hardware intensive games like bioshock)

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Wow, this is very similar to a map that I spent a lot of time creating a while ago, but I never finished. This makes me want to finish it though xD

I just watched the video, very nice. I saw an attachment somewhere, going to try it out.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So is this new version available for download yet? =)

My friends are coming down this Saturday, sometime after that we might hang out at my house, and I'll be sure to show 'em this game.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
ill try to release it by 2mm, im just adding in one or two new systems at the moment

Currently there are 3 bosses

Scattering Sparrow
Rageing Raven
Crying Vulture

then Big Boss which will use all of the current boss skills

so yea... about the specal effects, form all the boss patterns ive been makeing, the specal effects might be a big lacking in the next version

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How abou making the movement with WASD?

Also, when me and my friend were playing it, we got really annoyed with the ship's moving sound. Like every time he moved he said "Off I go" :p Can you please remove the unit sounds? :)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
WASD, ive only acomplished a tap version (which is a pain in the ass)

and since your lucky enough that i can get the optimazation to work ill remove the voices fro your ship

as for dragon, cuz hes on a time restraint hell be lucky enough to get it open sourced.... if you spread it around to anyone other then to your friends via lan or private games, or if they spread it around in any ways... there is no telling what i will do to you

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.