Offense Bullet Hell Project

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Like the new style of how you play it, although it'd be nice if when you killed the creatures your weapon gradually added one extra attack to it, like shotting 2 things out at once, then 3 then 4 so on and so fourth, or like if you have more then 1 it'll shoot in a V type direction.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
I plan on implimenting a combo counter and that will determine your upgrades.

The more you combo the boss (each linked in 9/6/3 seconds <level 1, 9 seconds buffer time between your next hit> and yea, you get the point. Each tiem you each a combo level, you will be awarded with an extra charge on your "Minic Shot" Which will allow you to preform a move from the current boss you are fighting, only the shots are on your side, each level combo will charge your mimic shot to that level, meaing if your shot is level two then it wont go to level 3 by acheaveing level 1 again, you ahve to combo you way up to 3. The mimic shot is reset to 0 at the end of the stage and at use.

Upgradeig your normal shot will basically destroy my system, cuz even now im really pushing it @.@

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I plan on implimenting a combo counter and that will determine your upgrades.

The more you combo the boss (each linked in 9/6/3 seconds <level 1, 9 seconds buffer time between your next hit> and yea, you get the point. Each tiem you each a combo level, you will be awarded with an extra charge on your "Minic Shot" Which will allow you to preform a move from the current boss you are fighting, only the shots are on your side, each level combo will charge your mimic shot to that level, meaing if your shot is level two then it wont go to level 3 by acheaveing level 1 again, you ahve to combo you way up to 3. The mimic shot is reset to 0 at the end of the stage and at use.

Upgradeig your normal shot will basically destroy my system, cuz even now im really pushing it @.@

It doesn't have to be upgraded too much, just an extra shot(only upgraded once or twice), doesn't have to do more damage or anything. Make it where it automatically resets if you get hit(unless you get hit by the same politary where you take no damage), making it that much harder to obtain. =)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just had a look at the source. Very good and efficient triggers. :thup: Not a single piece of JASS in it :O That I can see

I was just wondering how you did the Boss HP bar without JASS... :p

Good Job on it.

D

Dayoh

A friend directed me to this project, Also a friend of yours.
Anyway, it is a very interesting project much better than any of my maps.

Keep updating the map dont leave it.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
oh btw, there are 2 extra boss slots, if you guys have any suggestions plz post them in this format

Boss attack style (basically the pattern of attacks, how do they generally look like)
Boss Attack 1 -
''2 -
''3 -

each number is a progressively stronger attack, so keep that in mind

and the 4th and 5th bosses i ahve in mind are

Trapper - Criscrosses the players from the borders

Raiden - Either Zaps the players directly (if you fail to react correctly, you will take 20 damage instead of 10)

so you will be createing the 6th and 7th bosses

oh, plz keep the bullet count relitively low, your hitboxes are big enough lol itll save players fom getting beaten around and save your cpu from running my scripts

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you just about covered all attack patterns with the current bosses :p

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Oh baby, i just finished the new death animations (based off of metal slug) <only applied to boss to save cpu consumption>

so woo XD

the combo system is just about realy to be released, all thats left is the finish polishes and the 2 new bosses

would you guys want a preveiw of this version? or shall i keep it suspensfull and make you guys wait?

btw 2.2 optimized is up, i dont know why "compressing names" would cause the optimizer to crash like that

Reaction score
Hey Psi, i D/L'd v2.2 off you from bnet and tried it out. Pretty neato :D it's A LOT smoother from the last time I played and you got good patterns going. I only tried it out in single player, but if there are other players, are they on the same field as me? or on different ones? o_O

131ackout

I watched the video..

IT was awesome, more of like Independence Day on July 4th! :p

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
they are on the same feild as you (can get a little choppy with full house and bullet hell mode on < 33% boss hp>)

lol yea, im gona make a cameo of the big ship from indipendence day (or someting like that) on my release (aka big beam boss) <wont be exact, but itll be close>

its not about protection, its about optimization i need those anti bjs cuz i use gui

131ackout

> Psiblade94122

Make all of the firing stuff MORE like Independence Day before July 4th! ^_^

That way, it'll make your game more interesting and enjoyable. :thup:

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i dont really remember how teir lasers looked like, i just remember how their ship looked like, it was a dark green flying disk like object (with an indentation on one side but i dont want to add that)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Gah, 4 days later, ive only just started on the feedback UI for this map @.@

on a side note

Hunter Boss postponed untill a more effecent (codeing wise) version is made, so there will only be one new boss, and that is the beam boss.

Ive also added an Generic explosion to everything that dies, hope youll enjoy that, im later going to make the explosions polar specific, but atm im bogged down with both summer school (yes i slacked Q.Q) and the style of feedback im useing for this map.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
When. I am bored... + also bored from geometry wars.. I play this... often.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
alright after vigorous testing ive finally worked a laser type weapon in @.@

the map will reasease tonight prolly aroung 9 pst or so, finishing touches take a while

oh, youll notice some blank spots on the onscreen UI< i havent filled those yet, but those are your pow counter and lives (your hp/10) counter

Because most of these are player specific texts, im not shure if itll make the game lagg to a point where its unplayable again, if that happens then its along line of effecency recodeing @.@

oh btw, i finaly got my hands on GameMaker 7, so after this version im going to be playing around with that... see if i can make something with it (im serious, the Wc3 engine is just not made to have fast paced gameing @.@ just look at how much trubble im haveing with this, i had to REDUCE the bullet count and SLOW the bullets so itll stop lagging....)

Btw, for all you people screaming "I WANT MOAR WEAPONS" your new copy ability will fill that cry by allowing you to copy the bosses attacks. That effectively gives you an extra 12 attacks (4 bosses, 3 levels/variants)

oh, if getting to combo 80 (mark for level 3 copy) is far too hard because of the boss movements, ill lower it and make some changes

released

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.