camera following hero

X

xplorrer

anyone know how to set a camera to follow always hero ???

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
As a third person or just lock the camera so it follows im from normal game camera?

X

xplorrer

in a RPG map only with hero ... to be locked camera on the hero after choosing ...

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Eh what...? Please explain more in detail how you would like the camera to follow the unit.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
I guess he wants the camera panned at the location of your hero all the time.

X

xplorrer

so .. i have a 480x480 size map with 8 wisp and 36 hero . i want every choose a hero with wisp, the camera to follow always the hero, same you keep left click on the animation hero in game when walking

Shadows

Reaction score
I am just guessing from what he said, but yes, pan the camra to always follow the hero from a normal game view. (world of warcraft esk).

Larcenist

Reaction score
Code:
Setting Variables
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Picked player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Picked unit)

Code:
Panning Camera
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Set HeroLocation[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Position of Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to HeroLocation[(Player number of (Picked player))] over 0.00 seconds
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_HeroLocation[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())])

Just change the first trigger so that it fits what you want.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Eh, why pan the camera for the player instead of lock it to the unit?...
Code:
Lock camera
    Events (Your event)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
Change owner of unit and the triggering units to whatever you want.

Larcenist

Reaction score
I don't play around with cameras and panning is the only one I've been using, didn't even know there were one of those D:

Edit: So umm

Code:
Wisp Spawns
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Set WispSpawn = (Center of Hero Selection <gen>)
                Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Picked player) at WispSpawn facing Default building facing degrees
                Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to (Last created unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
                Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Picked player)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_WispSpawn)

Code:
Choose Paladin
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Hero Paladin <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Spawn = (Center of Spawn <gen>)
        Unit - Create 1 Paladin for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Spawn facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Spawn)
        Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Last created unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

That should do it. Just add the last thing to the triggers where you select hero.

San-D

Reaction score
Speaking of which, how can u make the camera follow a unit from behind his back, like 3rd person, and the camera turning when the hero turns - I think there was a WOW map(map on WC3 named WOW) with this stuff

X

xplorrer

it`s just imposible i can't find in the actions one TAB ... !!! can anyone tell me where is exactly ? maybe the reason is i have much more triggers(actions and other) and i can't find it

Code:
Setting Variables
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
            Loop - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Picked player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        [B]Set Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Picked unit[/B])

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Just want to point out something:

Code:
That will not remove the unit group leak. You need to set it to a variable and then remove it later.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Well I used it because it was in Map Initialization, but I forgot that it was in a Player Group loop.

Edit:

Hero[Player number of (Picked player) = (Picked unit)

This is a unit array variable. You set it by using the "Set Variable" action.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Speaking of which, how can u make the camera follow a unit from behind his back, like 3rd person, and the camera turning when the hero turns - I think there was a WOW map(map on WC3 named WOW) with this stuff

Don't remember where I found it, altough I found it by searching for it on this site. Anyway here is the trigger I found, works pretty nice for as long as you don't walk up on a mountin...:
Code:
Third person camera 1
    Events
    Conditions
        Thirdpersondesition1 Equal to True
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Player Group - Player 1 (Red) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set ThirdPersonNBR1 = (Number of units in (Units owned by (Picked player) matching (((Matching unit) is selected by (Picked player)) Equal to True)))
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ThirdPersonNBR1 Equal to 1
                    Then - Actions
                        Set ThirdPersonUnit1 = (Random unit from (Units owned by (Picked player) matching (((Matching unit) is selected by (Picked player)) Equal to True)))
                    Else - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ThirdPersonUnit1 Equal to No unit
                    Then - Actions
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Position of ThirdPersonUnit1) over 1.00 seconds
                Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to ThirdPersonUnit1, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 500.00 over 0.75 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to -20.00 over 0.75 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of ThirdPersonUnit1) over 0.75 seconds
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.