Can a Sold Unit be affected by requirements?

sevensc

Reaction score
Ok, here's the issue:

I have a structure that sells units (not train them) yet I want certain tech tree requirements to be filled before certain units become available.

The problem is that "Techtree - Requirements" isn't affecting the unit when I add it to the structures "sold units".

Any insight would be great.

sevensc

Reaction score
I'm already using lumber in my map, so it wouldn't work here as a sort of requirement.

M

Mathemagicia

If you have one of such building for each player, you can add the creation abilities as part of a trigger when a player finishes an upgrade?

D

Dramarian

If they purchase the unit and they haven't met the requirement, refund them and remove the unit. If you do this they won't even realize that they actually had the unit for a short period of time (milliseconds at most)

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
I'm already using lumber in my map, so it wouldn't work here as a sort of requirement.

Then try food. Set the food cap to .. lets say .. 6 using a trigger, and then make the food requirements of the structure to erm .. 1. So the most structures the players can have is 6.

G

Giho

Hmm.

But heros in tavern has requirements for an altar. How does that work then?
Is that hard coded?

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
But heros in tavern has requirements for an altar. How does that work then?
Is that hard coded?

All the heros that are sold have requirement "any altar" ...

So just set the requirements of your sold units to what you like them to be and it should work...
But if say that does not work..? I dont know

Edit: does work for heros but not for units on my test map

G

Giho

Strange because it doesnt work for me. Must the building be neutral? Because player 1 owns the building im trying with. And Im playing player 2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.