Can I Add Upgrades to buildings by trigger?

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
My current map you get a castle to start with and then you choose your race buy buying a dummy unit, then it removes the units and adds heroes, then you buy a hero then it removes the hero and I was hoping to add the upgrades, but I searched and searched and searched so either im blind or there isn't a GUI function to do this. Anyone got any ideas? I was really hoping to stay away from using another building. Plus it looks ugly with the upgrades already in there when you pick a race / hero.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
In what way are you using the upgrades? Try redirecting the requirements to the unit-type of your hero and see if that works (or if it's even possible :D)

Yoshii

Reaction score
as far as I know nope; the upgrade comes with the building itself there may a somewhat good way to do this but not what your post suggest,(it's hard to understand to be honest)

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
okay let me try to reword it...

My map is a king of the hill & footies rolled into one.

Game starts, you select your castle pick your race, my triggers remove the races after you pick one, then replace it with 4 heroes, after you buy a hero it removes all the heroes, after that I was hoping to add unit upgrades like Attack, Defense, Health, Speed, etc. Because if I Pre-Add the upgrades it looks ugly and I don't want that.

I find it hard to believe all the cool shit we can do in WE and we can't add research upgrades...

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Try setting research level to 0 maybe and reset it when selected. Otherwise switch buildings or have the buildings owned by an other player which you share control with (who can't upgrade these stuff) and change ownership to the players once selected, then they should appear. Just remember to trigger a selection on the building again if doing such I recall.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Alright i'll try that, thanks

EDIT: Just thought of an easier way, Just copy / paste my castle and then have 1 with upgrades and 1 without.... then just replace the one after you pick aa hero :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.