Sci/Tech Cars that drive themselves 'on motorways in 10 years'

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
They already have that. They're called wild dogs.

Kyles_Mom.gif

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Professor Raul Rojas, who led the research, foretold: "In the future it will be forbidden for safety reasons for people to drive cars.
I seriously think, he living in a dream world. :rolleyes:

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I seriously think, he living in a dream world. :rolleyes:

I don't think were too far away from that.. a place where less accidents occur because of computers driving as opposed to people driving, maybe not the entire world, but I can see a small city where only computers drive and there are different rules/etc.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
There there's going to be viruses, people hacking cars.. etc. etc.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I don't think were too far away from that.. a place where less accidents
Well, what if the automated car, causes an accident while your sleep? and the car kills someone on the road?
Who will be responsible?

We already have those :) A new car is almost completely controlled by computers. When you're driving all you really do is telling a computer what to do with the car.
What if a terrorist/hacker controll your car? lol

Well, I don't think it would be soooo funny

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
What if a terrorist/hacker controll your car? lol

Well, I don't think it would be soooo funny
Todays cars doesn't have much communication with the surrounding world, unlike desktop computers. For most cars the only time it can get infected is when you take the car to a mechanic for diagnostics (today, mechanics just plug in a cable and run a diagnostic program on the cars computers. well, unless there is a mechanical errors ofc...).
However, cars gets more and more connected so then number of attack vectors are increasing. It's a real issue for people developing the software in your cars.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I think they might try to control cars, like if someone reports a stolen car, the police could just shut off their car and go there. Then again this would cause issues with people not wanting their things controlled.
Im thinking they might throw in a manual override thing into the car incase it malfunctions. just my thoughts.

ALSO lol @ seph

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.