Cast spell then continue on pathing?

CixxyZ

Reaction score
How do you make it so that the casting of a spell by a monster will not disrupt the pathing of it in a TD? I can guess a way - by putting regions in the place of casting unit and then ordering the unit in that region to the destination again. Is there an alternative method that doesn't require regions?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
There are certain spells that doesnt stop the pathing

CixxyZ

Reaction score
I already know that. Please answer my question though...

It would be so much easier to use metamorph for eg instead of the Chaos ability.. I've tried a lot to make chaos work but whenever the vampire transforms into a bat, it dies.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Okay I got the chaos ability working.

I'm gonna make a boss where its an abomination and when it dies it turns into a lot of bugs... so does anyone have a good method of making the bugs continue on the pathing of the abomination?

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
event - Unit enters the playable map
Condition - entering unit equal to bugs
action - move bugs

i don't have we here sorry, but i think it works

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Wow... It's not that simple. You really think I would be asking if it was? There are multiple bosses and different paths they go to. Also some of the paths overlap, it's a team TD.

Edit: Ok I have an idea.. or a workaround. When the life of the abom gets low enough, it gets taken over by another player Neutral PAssive and then it gets its transparency taken to 0% so you cant see it. Then the bugs will follow that invisible abom.
If there's an actual method instead of workarounds please inform me.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Wow... It's not that simple. You really think I would be asking if it was? There are multiple bosses and different paths they go to. Also some of the paths overlap, it's a team TD.

oh lol, well store the bosses and the bugs into arrays

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Dude if you do that you will need to resort to regions for where the boss died so he can continue correctly his pathing right? I was hoping for a way without regions...

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Hmm no use talking to you... Temp point does nothing if you don't know where he died

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Event - A Unit dies
Condition - Dying unit equal to your unit
action - set temp_point to position of your unit
spawn bugs
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

CixxyZ

Reaction score
are you drunk?? okay what I need is Ordering the unit to move into the appropriate pathing not spawning bugs like a 6 year old can do thanks though.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Okay I got the chaos ability working.

I'm gonna make a boss where its an abomination and when it dies it turns into a lot of bugs... so does anyone have a good method of making the bugs continue on the pathing of the abomination?

are you drunk?? okay what I need is Ordering the unit to move into the appropriate pathing not spawning bugs like a 6 year old can do thanks though.

I got the triggers working, if Boss A dies the unit that spawn follow Boss A's path, if Boss B dies the unit that spawn follow Boss B's path, and so on but I won't share shit with you, you selfish ignorant idiot.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
so what does this mean?
making the bugs continue on the pathing of the abomination?
Does this mean i need to know how to spawn the bugs? wow mate learn basic english before you start trolling.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
yes and how exactly does tellign me a trigger to spawn units help. sigh just nvm dude someone else can help?

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
I think this will work, you just have to fix the movement.
(The monsters bug when they get attacked).

-Hope I could help, also if we both don't understand us well.

Attachments

• Boss.w3x
    13 KB · Views: 81

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Have you even tested that map? The abomination was walking back after reaching its destination, and right when it died the bugs walked the opposite way to the destination again. what you assumed was only one point of pathing.. honestly if it's that simple i wouldnt even have made a thread.
I know a way to make it work.. it's with integers like when the abom reaches one region, it adds one to the integer variable. Then if it dies, the bugs will walk to the next destination depending on the integer. Theoretically it'll work, I think I might do that. But I was hoping for something simpler because my map has a lot of pathings and overlaps.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Have you even tested that map? The abomination was walking back after reaching its destination, and right when it died the bugs walked the opposite way to the destination again. what you assumed was only one point of pathing.. honestly if it's that simple i wouldnt even have made a thread.
I know a way to make it work.. it's with integers like when the abom reaches one region, it adds one to the integer variable. Then if it dies, the bugs will walk to the next destination depending on the integer. Theoretically it'll work, I think I might do that. But I was hoping for something simpler because my map has a lot of pathings and overlaps.

This is because the unit is neutral.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.