Changing the green icon for unknown DISBTN icon

8uY_YoU

Reaction score
When in game if your imported icon must to be disabled and your imported icon dont have its disabled mate, it shows a green icon, now i want to change it,
Do you know how to change it or path for replace it?
Thx before

SwedishChef

Reaction score
ehm i dont fully understand the post but i will try to answer :). I have the same problem on a map im working on. My mate has made icons but no disables, -.-. What you need to do is make a disabled icon for your icon and add the right path to it. This is path for normal: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN"Name".blp and for disabled: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN"Name".blp

Heres is a good guide: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f281/complete-icon-tutorial-all-about-icons-37832/

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
Just upload an icon with the same name as your icon but: DISBTN instead of BTN.
That should be enough, but if that doesn't work, change it's path to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled
Enjoy.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Just upload an icon with the same name as your icon but: DISBTN instead of BTN.
That should be enough, but if that doesn't work, change it's path to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled
Enjoy.

wow i will do that at my map you genious :D

8uY_YoU

Reaction score
But if i do that, my map's size is quite large..
Do you know what name of path on mpq (War3.mpq/War3x.mpq) for that green icon?
Thanks for the replies before

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
I don't think that green blob is actually an icon. I think it's just a display error. As far as I am aware it can't be changed.
Icons are incredibly small anyways, they increase the size of your map by 10k at the most.

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
That "green error", if u want to change it (i understood thatway), that cant be changed. Just make a DISBTN file of the icon u want and u have a proper icon, without that green error

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but do you mean you want it to be disabled all the time? Even when it should display a normal undisabled icon?

If so, you can use some program (Warcraft 3 Image Renamer is easy to use) to create disabled icon of it. Then save it as a .blp. Now import it into your map and change its path to:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\<ICON>.blp

That way, your "enabled" icon is a disabled icon.

You could also import the same icon again and make it the disabled so you don't get a green box if you click Menu or something.

Dirac

Reaction score
There's no way to change the path of the green icon, since its not even an icon, just create a DISBTN for each BTN you have

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.