"Chat" feature gave java bugs

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there mods :D just now I tried to log onto the chat system, but my browser gave me warnings that indicated that the java script was "unsafe" and I ended up accidentally blocking it. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the chat system?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well all potential Java applications can be unsafe so that warning is to make sure it's not something that's trying to run in the background without your knowledge. But typically chats and games (not always!) are safe. We obviously wouldn't choose a malware ridden chat app, so yes it's safe.

Not sure how you can unblock it, perhaps right click on the box where the chat should be and look around the menu for blocking options.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
ive been asked this as well for TH's chat, and actually it's the only "non-suspicious" java app that I have come across where that has popped up for me.. dunno, maybe it has to do with the fact that it takes user input and sends it onto the interwebz

JerseyFoo

1/g = g-1
Reaction score
Java or "java script".

The chat is giving security errors in Java, perhaps the crossdomain.xml isn't setup properly on irc.thehelper.net, if Java requires that.

Maybe it doesn't like the applet tag or wants a classid.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I understand the Chat Applet on the site does not work anymore. If you want to chat you have to use a client like Chatzilla or whatever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.